Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2021, 11:51 PM   #1
ThanosNaranja
ThanosNaranja began at the beginning.

Device: Phone & Tablet
Graphics - Old Story...

I write my own books in docx format and have an illustration at each chapter page above the chapter heading. all B&W, all of them inside the margins. Converting to epub ends up with some showing as designed and some that don't. The ones that don't just have an empty box on the page of sort of off to one side.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
ThanosNaranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:01 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosNaranja View Post
I write my own books in docx format and have an illustration at each chapter page above the chapter heading. all B&W, all of them inside the margins. Converting to epub ends up with some showing as designed and some that don't. The ones that don't just have an empty box on the page of sort of off to one side.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Take the ePub and use either the Calibre eBook editor or Sigil to fix this. Most times,a conversion from Word will need to be cleaned up.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #3
ThanosNaranja
ThanosNaranja began at the beginning.

Device: Phone & Tablet
Wow, thanx: great advice!

Edit mode 'Check' run results: This file is included in the book but not referred to by any document in the spine. This means that the file will not be viewable on most e-book readers. You should probably remove this file from the book or add a link to it somewhere.

Got to poking around in Edit mode and saw the File Browser section on the left hand side of the Edit Book Dialog and immediately saw :Invalid character in file name ('&') as in B & W - Sunny Day.jpg

Fixed the filenames - changed out the graphics - problem gone. I should have known better too!

Thank you for your help. ("It's old geniuses like us that make the world go round")
ThanosNaranja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
graphics