Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #16
basilsands
Arctic Warrior
basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I won't be buying from Amazon, Apple or Google anytime soon--I don't buy DRM'd ebooks.
If it helps, my books are not DRM'd even on Amazon. Authors can choose whether they want to do DRM or not. Of course, you'd likely be taking a risk with an indie but I figured why lock it up. If it's good enough for Cory Doctorow I guess I can take the same plunge.

That being said, the original intent of this thread was figuring out how to be reselling authors e-works. BIG NO NO!

If the author isn't getting remunerated for the ebook work, neither should you. Different from a used paper book ebooks do not require you to stock inventory etc. The product never wears out, therefore can be transferred forever. If the book is not DRM protected and the rights listed on the title page say you can distribute it under the GNU Common License then you can give it away, but not sell it without the authors explicit permission.

Last edited by basilsands; 10-01-2010 at 03:05 PM.
basilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #17
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basilsands View Post
If it helps, my books are not DRM'd even on Amazon. Authors can choose whether they want to do DRM or not. Of course, you'd likely be taking a risk with an indie but I figured why lock it up. If it's good enough for Cory Doctorow I guess I can take the same plunge.
I'm not currently set up to buy from Amazon. My reader doesn't do .mobi, and I dislike Amazon's business practices enough to not want my credit card on file with them. (But that's got nothing directly to do with ebooks.)

Quote:
That being said, the original intent of this thread was figuring out how to be reselling authors e-works. BIG NO NO!

If the author isn't getting remunerated for the ebook work, neither should you.
I'm not sure there's no way to reasonably allow resold ebooks, but I think it's a lot more complicated than other kinds of bookstores. (I don't have a problem with people selling their ebook readers with their purchased books on them if they're not keeping those ebooks.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #18
basilsands
Arctic Warrior
basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
(I don't have a problem with people selling their ebook readers with their purchased books on them if they're not keeping those ebooks.)
That to me sounds reasonable. As long as the books were purchased explicity for that machine being sold. Like software bundled with new computer.
basilsands is offline   Reply With Quote