Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
yurt
yurt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
After deleting all pre-installed books, Pocketbook Pro 902 cannot start

I just got my new pocketbook today, and connected to the computer. I don't need all the pre-installed books, so I deleted all of them.

After I disconnect the pocketbook from the computer, the pocketbook hanged. Only shows the little circle forever.

I pressed the power button, and turned it on again, but it never start now, and I cannot use the computer to read it. (I have copies of the deleted files, but cannot copy them back)

Can anyone help me to solve it?

Thanks,
Yurt
yurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
You must reset PB.
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 02:09 AM   #3
yurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty63 View Post
You must reset PB.
After reset, the home page was shown, but when I clicked library, PB hanged again, no response.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:51 AM   #4
Sirius67
Enthusiast
Sirius67 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurt View Post
After reset, the home page was shown, but when I clicked library, PB hanged again, no response.
Maybe you could try a firmware update.
Sirius67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 AM   #5
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Quote:
After I disconnect the pocketbook from the computer, the pocketbook hanged. Only shows the little circle forever.
This is known problem, welcome to the club. Can you connect your PB to your PC?

1. answer is yes: connect your PocketBook to your PC and delete "db" subfolder in "system" folder in PB. Disconnect your PB and try to open the library.
2. answer is no: if you still have the pre-installed books, copy them to a MicroSD card and insert the card to your PB. Try to open your library.

I hope this helps.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 03:32 AM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I just got my new pocketbook today, and connected to the computer. I don't need all the pre-installed books, so I deleted all of them.

I pressed the power button, and turned it on again, but it never start now, and I cannot use the computer to read it. (I have copies of the deleted files, but cannot copy them back)

Can anyone help me to solve it?

Thanks,
Yurt
this has happened before: try and see whether the solutions discussed in this thread help: good luck!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
yurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
this has happened before: try and see whether the solutions discussed in this thread help: good luck!
Tried everything, none works and still cannot connect to computer:

1. reset
2. copy files to microsd card
3. upgrade firmware

What else can I do?
Old 02-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #8
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
As in post 12 of the above linked thread: connect your Pocketbook with your PC and wait.

By the way: how could you upgrade the firmware if you only see the little circle? Do you get into the main menu?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
tomhck
Enthusiast

Billi, if you want to upgrade a firmware, you don't need to go to the main menu. As described in the manual — connect your PB to a PC or a charger, copy update image to your card, insert the card to your PB, turn your PB off, press and hold both back and forward nav. button and while holding them, turn your PB on and follow instructions on the screen.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
yurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
As in post 12 of the above linked thread: connect your Pocketbook with your PC and wait.

By the way: how could you upgrade the firmware if you only see the little circle? Do you get into the main menu?
Called the customer service, they gave me a new upgrade with extra stuff. Upgrade completed, but PB still cannot start. They said will send me a lable to send the PB to them to fix it for me.

I will wait for a few days see if time sloves the problem, if not, send it back for repair.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tomhck, I've already updated my PB902 twice so I know the procedure. I've been just irritated that yurt's PB only shows the little circle and wanted to find out what the device makes after the upgrade, if yurt has access to the main menu or still only sees the circle.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
Billi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post

Paola, could you please add some kind of warning to your wonderful thread "Users tips, apps and FAQs for the new reader models"? It seems that "courageous deleting" of the free books happens quite often - maybe a warning there can safe some people from harm (although the right place for such a warning should be the user manual, of course).
Old 02-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
tomhck
Enthusiast

Quote:
Tomhck, I've already updated my PB902 twice so I know the procedure. I've been just irritated that yurt's PB only shows the little circle and wanted to find out what the device makes after the upgrade, if yurt has access to the main menu or still only sees the circle.
My mistake, Billi. I did not mean to offend you
Quote:
Paola, could you please add some kind of warning to your wonderful thread "Users tips, apps and FAQs for the new reader models"?
+1
Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
My mistake, Billi. I did not mean to offend you

+1
Ok, done - let me know if it looks too scary!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #15
yurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
This is known problem, welcome to the club. Can you connect your PB to your PC?

1. answer is yes: connect your PocketBook to your PC and delete "db" subfolder in "system" folder in PB. Disconnect your PB and try to open the library.
Since deleting the db subfolder is an option, is there any way so I can put some script in the sd card to delete the subfolder, and when PB starts, will run the script automatically, like an upgrade?