Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
The house in the riddle

I have just finsihed reading "the house in the riddle" by Liza Granville. A gripping read about a very poorly mached pair. Sorrel is a young woman who had grown up in a life of abuse and then meets a male who is extremly abusove towards her. He is an "end of the world" fanaticist with clear mental health issues who moves the pair of them to a derelcit property in Wales where the reader is introduced to an assortment of very odd characters introduced who add their own charms to the tale and assist Sorrel to get out of the abusive situtaion. Liza Granville shows an incredible elvel of insight into the issues faced by women in abusive siutuations and some of the reasons why they stay in such situations. Once I started this I simply could nto put the book down. The book is published in paperback or E-Book format (no DRN and only one pound) by Bewrite books [url]

Last edited by sianon; 01-13-2010 at 03:51 AM.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:38 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Your link circled back to a "post new thread" link, so I provided the information below.

BeWrite Books publisher, Neil Marr, is an active participating MR member.

The House in the Riddle by Liza Granville

at BeWrite Books in pdf only until a range of new formats are made available in 2010

multiple formats at smashwords
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Thanks for providing the correct link, not sure why that happened oh well. And yes I should have mentioned thatl is an active member. The other thing to mention at this point, is that customer service from Bewrite books is absolutley first class. I had an issue with the website this morning, ordered a couple of books, web site was a bit wonky and didn't provide a download link, by the time I got to work 45 minutes later, an e-mail awaited me from the company askign if there had been a problem as I hadn't downloaded the books I ordered. NOW that is what I call customer service.

Karen

Last edited by sianon; 01-13-2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: correct typos
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Thanks Sianon and Dreams. We're a tiny team -- one on admin, one on design and technical, three on editorial -- so we we tend to have a kinda small-town approach to our authors and readers. Glad you had a good expeience, Sianon. Sorry about the site hiccup, by the way, we're just in the throes of upgrading all the merchant software, re-desgining, etc, etc, and everything will be ticking like clockwork again very soon. Cheers. Neil

PS: And Liza sends her best regards and thanks for the kind review, Sianon. We're just putting the finishing touches to another by her right now, *The Tor* (brilliantly handled by my associate editor, Hugh McCracken, but I read the ms anyway because I love Liza's work). I think it should be released in late March or early April. N

Last edited by neilmarr; 01-13-2010 at 11:34 AM.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote