Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-01-2003, 06:44 PM   #1
NoodlesHovar
NoodlesHovar began at the beginning.

Handstory Itty Bitty Funnies

I have a Sony Clie and the comics I clip are so small I can't read the dialog on some. Is there a way to resize them or turn them landscape?

Thanks.
NoodlesHovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by NoodlesHovar@Mar 1 2003, 05:44 PM
I have a Sony Clie and the comics I clip are so small I can't read the dialog on some. Is there a way to resize them or turn them landscape?
Landscape, no. Resize? Yes...maybe...

I have an e-mail conversation going with HS support on this. Supposedly if you check the h-res option when you save to palm on something like a comic strip, you can change the image size throught the resize options to 320px high or 640px high...but on my SJ30 it isn't behaving as they say it should. So I e-mailed them back and have yet to hear the outcome.

If you have an NR/NX/NZ or 615/665, try playing with the resize options on the image converter screen and see what it does for you. In theory, you should be able to capture a comic strip whose height equals your screen height (in the case of 320x320 for sure).
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2003, 10:09 PM   #3
KCoram
KCoram began at the beginning.

I can get this to work when I save an image to Palm, which is cool -- I hadn't noticed the resize options and thought I was stuck with it always fitting the image to the screen size.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem of much help when it comes to the Clips from HandStory's site -- I can't see a resize option when configuring the clip. Admitedly, I haven't tried using the clip editor, just the custom properties in the clip manager ...
KCoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:21 PM   #4
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by KCoram@Mar 1 2003, 09:09 PM
I can get this to work when I save an image to Palm, which is cool -- I hadn't noticed the resize options and thought I was stuck with it always fitting the image to the screen size.
Which PDA are you using?

The resize setting for graphics only work for saving images to palm, not for any page clips you make or HS provides.
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:23 AM   #5
KCoram
KCoram began at the beginning.

I've got a Sony NX70V/U. 320x480 is nice much of the time, but sometimes one wants to store an image taller/wider than even that. Thanks for the clue-in about the resize when saving images. I had overlooked it!

Hopefully the HandStory folk will add image sizing parameters to the Script Clips. Half the time I can't read the comics from the comic clips on their site, because they always fit to the width of the screen. I'd love to be able to tell the clip engine not to shrink the comic so much!
KCoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert