Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #76
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Taken off the e-Reader site:

eReader Pro for iPhone and iPod touch
JUST RELEASED! eReader Pro for iPhone and iPod touch is an award-winning application used to read eReader eBooks on your Apple iPhone or iPod touch. eReader Pro has more features than ever before, including free eBooks, the ability to read dictionaries and more! Download your eReader.com or Fictionwise.com bookshelf wirelessly to your iPhone or iPod touch.

How to install eReader on iPhone and iPod touch:To get eReader onto your iPhone or iPod touch, first use iTunes 7.7 or later to upgrade your iPhone or iPod touch to the 2.0 operating system, then download the FREE eReader application from the application store and follow the easy installation instructions. eReader can be found in the REFERENCE category of the App Store that appears on your device after upgrading to the 2.0 operating system (note: it's not quite in alphabetical order so keep scrolling until you find eReader). Please note the 2.0 iPod touch upgrade costs $9.95 from Apple while the upgrade is free for iPhone. The new iPhone 3G already comes with 2.0 installed. You can get the latest iTunes upgrade here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Price: $0.00
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
They should say that while 2.0 is available, it cannot be had because Apple really screwed up on releasing too much at once with a low load website.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Some interesting comments from the developers. The biggest flaw (as I see it now) is that you cannot get content you already have to be able to read. But it was said that in a few weeks there will be a new release to address this. That is good news. So we'll just have to wait for the maintenance update in order to take full advantange.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #79
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Did Steve Jobs miss you off his Christmas Card list or something, Jon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #80
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Did Steve Jobs miss you off...
I think what Jobs did to Jon rhymes with "miss you off".
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Now when I check for an update to the Touch, it says that 1.14 is the current version. WHy is it doing that and how do we fix it?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #82
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Now when I check for an update to the Touch, it says that 1.14 is the current version. WHy is it doing that and how do we fix it?
I just read on engadget that the activation servers are down. I would guess they pulled the updates..... because if you update your iPhone and can't activate it, then won't work.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #83
gregr209
Enthusiast
gregr209 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505 / Kindle
I installed the eReader app yesterday and once I added my Fictionwise user name and password I was given my bookshelf from my Fictionwise account. Picked a book and it asked me for the credit card information that was used to purchase the book and I was off and reading. The free books I had didn't need anything extra to make work. It is a pretty sweet app. For the most part I will be sticking with my Kindle but in a pinch this eReader app just might do.

Just my 2 cents.

Greg
gregr209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #84
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I'm pretty disappointed at the lack of features for the iphone app. There is no way to make annotations. No bookmarks. Still has that irritating space between paragraphs.

You can only download one book at a time. - sorry - I figured out that if I tap the folder in the upper right corner I can download all the books. Still not sure how to access my fictionwise account though.

I've purchased the bookshelf for $9.99 and that is far more full functional (not to mention that you can read the books you've already purchased so long as they fit the supported formats).

Last edited by da_jane; 07-11-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Mistaken information
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #85
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I think what Jobs did to Jon rhymes with "miss you off".

Quote:
Jon I really think it is a conspiracy between your computer, Apple, and the Internet. I hope you get it worked out because Harry will never let it go!
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #86
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjen View Post
Hi, i am new here so i need more information about this iPhone directly.
=====================================
jenniferjen
Use Both DoFollow And NoFollow Links
stop identity theft
Sounds Suspicious is that you Fruit?
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:38 AM   #87
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
You first need to go to the Apple Store web site and click the link to buy the firmware update from there (I can't see a way to get to it directly in iTunes, although the link on the web site opens iTunes). Once you've bought the update from the iTunes Store, you THEN do a "check for updates" on the Touch and it tells you that firmware 2.0 is available and offers it for download to you.

Buying the update worked fine for me this morning. It's downloaded (it's 222.6MB in size, according to iTunes), and the updater is currently in the process of backing up the contents of my Touch (which takes rather a long time for a "full" 32GB iPod Touch!)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:02 AM   #88
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Everything... eventually downloaded... and after connecting to ereader.com it recognized all my fictionwise bookshelf items.

The books downloaded without a problem, although I remember now how much I hated having to unlock books with the CC# (I am glad I keep records of them, It has been awhile since I bought ereader books, and the card is expired).

It looks and works surprisingly good. Much brighter than my Palm Zire72.. and color!

Nope, it won't replace my eInk devices, but it is a good functional reader, with all the additional functionality of the iPod touch (music, video, bowser, and now games).

I think this will be a fine addition to ebook devices, and maybe spur more people tomake the jump to digital books.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #89
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I did finally get the Touch updated to 2.0. It was relatively painless once it actually decided to let us do it.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #90
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
iTunes just sucks. When we searched for eReader, there was no info that it needed the 2.0 firmware. Now you know why iTunes is hated world wide.
Actually it does. If you search for eReader, then click on eReader... on the right side there is "Application Description".... under that is a "Requirements" section where it states.. "Requires iPhone 2.0 Software Update".

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote