Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #211
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
btw is your market working fully?
I think new market was modified something so this is why we can not see full aps.
see this:
http://cidalan.blogspot.com/2011/11/...arket-236.html
did not have time to test it
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #212
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
btw is your market working fully?
I think new market was modified something so this is why we can not see full aps.
see this:
http://cidalan.blogspot.com/2011/11/...arket-236.html
did not have time to test it
No, it also looks like I'm missing apps (I can't find Dolphin HD, for instance).

However, I don't understand what the fix is doing, so I don't think I want to try it myself. Especially, I feel uneasy changing build.prop. If somebody gets it working and can explain to me what the changes are doing, I can add them to the update file, though.
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #213
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I will try it. I can not see the dolphin HD and also can not see firefox despite sideloading just fine.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #214
vicinc
Guru

can someone with market (allmine) on non pablob golden update ermine confirm if they see dolphin hd or mini on the market?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #215
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Bluetooth also flicking on and off....

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with my bluetooth... I wonder if re-installing Allmine over the existing installation would solve the problem..??

Other than the bluetooth issue and a few password issues that really don't affect the operation of the PE, everything else is working as expected....

Thanks again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPAdmiral View Post
Has anyone else run in to this problem?

Background: I've had my pocket edge updated to ermine for months, runs fine, just upset I can't gapps running, or many apps due to build checks. Upgraded to Allmine, as per the multistep process of downgrading to dingo, then upgrading to ermine, then allmine with gapps. Gapps work marvelous now, everything is as I would wish for...except.

Problem: My bluetooth now will not stay on, it previously worked...but for some reason now doesn't. I go to setttings->network controls->bluetooth and it turns on...then a second later turns itself off...then a second later turns itself back on! this continues indefinitely until I manually have to restart. Now if I go to settings->network controls->bluetooth settings->bluetooth, I can turn it on, a second later it will turn off, without repeating. This is all strange, one check box sets it into a loop, and the other does not. Overall result is I can't get bluetooth to stay on for more than one second.

Am I alone on this? Any idea what could have caused this?
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #216
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Here is a potential solution.....

KPAdmiral....

Here is a potential solution..... I received it in another thread from Gunnerp245 and it solved my problem (partly). I now have a stable bluetooth, but I am paired but not connected... Not sure what that means....

Here is Gunner's pearls of wisdom...

Do you have Pandora installed? In another thread it was found Pandora has an 'automotive' setting that effected Bluetooth operation.

Good luck,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPAdmiral View Post
Has anyone else run in to this problem?

Background: I've had my pocket edge updated to ermine for months, runs fine, just upset I can't gapps running, or many apps due to build checks. Upgraded to Allmine, as per the multistep process of downgrading to dingo, then upgrading to ermine, then allmine with gapps. Gapps work marvelous now, everything is as I would wish for...except.

Problem: My bluetooth now will not stay on, it previously worked...but for some reason now doesn't. I go to setttings->network controls->bluetooth and it turns on...then a second later turns itself off...then a second later turns itself back on! this continues indefinitely until I manually have to restart. Now if I go to settings->network controls->bluetooth settings->bluetooth, I can turn it on, a second later it will turn off, without repeating. This is all strange, one check box sets it into a loop, and the other does not. Overall result is I can't get bluetooth to stay on for more than one second.

Am I alone on this? Any idea what could have caused this?
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #217
jkpq45
Professional Tinkerer
jkpq45 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Thank you, sir, for making this as painless as possible. Worked flawlessly after I RTFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoist View Post
* You can try doing the various updates all from a USB flashdrive....
I did, worked like a charm! Downgrade to Dingo took a long time at the "updating" screen and had to do a soft reset--see comment below.

Quote:
* Keep holding the Menu & Rotate buttons until you see the update screen. Really.
Upgrade from Ermine to Allmine+Gapps took (seriously) a solid 5 minutes. My fingers started to hurt--I was getting pretty anxious that my PE was bricked, but then the "updating" screen popped up and I was really relieved. Have faith!

Quote:
* If you have tried some custom wackiness with your PE (perhaps you were hacking on it trying to get google apps to work?) and the upgrade(s) fail, your best bet is to start over with step 1 and wipe the PE.
I was unaware my PE shipped to me with Froyo already installed--so when I tried to update to Froyo, things did not go as planned. I'm living proof that, if you start at step 1 and follow through to completion (even using a USB drive for all three update steps,) your patience will be rewarded.

Quote:
* If your PE doesn't respond during an upgrade for 30 minutes, you can turn it off by poking the reset button next to the USB port.
Agreed, had to do this when going down to Dingo. It stuck on the "updating" screen for about half an hour, had to poke the button and do a soft reset.

tl;dr--Noob succeeded after *mostly* following the instructions. His status has been upgraded to Noob+.
jkpq45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #218
vicinc
Guru

I do not understand why you guys go for the golden dingo when there is a working golden froyo and a golden update to froyo+working market?
Old 12-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #219
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
I do not understand why you guys go for the golden dingo when there is a working golden froyo and a golden update to froyo+working market?
here's the link he was referring to about the golden froyo with market already enabled.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #220
morriea
morriea began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge/Sony prs-300/Nook Color with CM7 boot card
Red vs. Black

I have now updated 8 devices. 5 Black 3 Red. All 5 black ones went off perfectly. All 3 red ones cannot connect to google after adding gapps. I have searched everywhere and am probably not smart enough to find why this is.

ANYONE....any ideas? It does not seem like coincidence anymore.
morriea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #221
jkpq45
Professional Tinkerer
jkpq45 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriea View Post
....any ideas?
I hate to suggest it... but have you started over at step 1 with the red devices? I had the same problem on my black PE (updated to Allmine and couldn't open GAPPS) and solved by flashing all the way back to Dingo and starting over.
jkpq45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #222
vicinc
Guru

use rc3 by pablo works on black and reds!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #223
vicinc
Guru

and is one step no need to go back to dingoooo
Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #224
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriea View Post
I have now updated 8 devices. 5 Black 3 Red. All 5 black ones went off perfectly. All 3 red ones cannot connect to google after adding gapps. I have searched everywhere and am probably not smart enough to find why this is.

ANYONE....any ideas? It does not seem like coincidence anymore.
Use the Golden Allmine RC3 (which will most likely be the final, I need to rename the file ). Your red PEs probably have "Google-unfriendly" serial numbers, and the Golden Allmine installation should fix that. As it was mentioned, you don't need to go back to Dingo to reflash. Just make sure you grab RC3, not the older versions.
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #225
morriea
morriea began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge/Sony prs-300/Nook Color with CM7 boot card
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpq45 View Post
I hate to suggest it... but have you started over at step 1 with the red devices? I had the same problem on my black PE (updated to Allmine and couldn't open GAPPS) and solved by flashing all the way back to Dingo and starting over.
Yes.

Update to my "RED" problem. I used new GOLDEN and it worked fine....go figure.
morriea is offline   Reply With Quote