Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
News feed going to @kindle.com instead of @free.kindle.com

Edit: Never mind... I figured out the problem. I just totally forgot that I had started the set-up with the @kindle.com address, got distracted by something shiny, and then restarted the set-up with the @free.kindle.com address after remembering the fees for 3G transfers. D'oh!
----------

Well, obviously I missed a step or something, but I'm not sure what...

During set-up, I entered my username@free.kindle.com address. I then signed up for several different news feeds.

News feeds are being emailed automatically, no problem with that. The trouble is that they're going to my username@kindle.com address... and I'm not sure *why*.

This isn't a big deal or anything... I have my personal document limit set to $0.00, so everything ends up being forwarded to the @free.kindle.com address. I'm just getting tired of the "Hi, don't you wish you could be paying us money for these emails?" notices from Amazon.

Last edited by stickybuns; 02-11-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Problem solved... deleted the @kindle.com account from my settings.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote