Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-11-2016, 06:19 AM   #1561
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
It was a settings issue David, all is working fine now and I can confirm no issues at all with 2.6.2 and the updated Kobo Extended Plugin.

Thanks again for your help on my other thread
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #1562
jugaor
Enthusiast
jugaor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10Gen / Kobo Aura HD / Nook STR
Hi, jgoguen.
I have been using this driver for a long time without major issues
However the latest version (2.7.2, in Calibre 2.62) no longer adds the "hyphenation.css" file to kepub despite having activated the "Hyphenate files" option.
I uninstalled the driver, delete "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py", reinstalled all and reactivated the option. Unsuccessfully.
The only change made in my Kobo Aura HD is downgrading the firmware (from the current version to 3.12.1, which I like more).
The driver avoids adding the .css with previous firmware versions?

Last edited by jugaor; 07-17-2016 at 03:12 PM.
jugaor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:42 PM   #1563
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Can you run calibre in debug mode (directions in the first post), reproduce the problem, and paste the debug log shown when you exit calibre here between CODE tags?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #1564
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
I updated calibre and the kobo plugins and now calibre gives me this error when I connect the kobo glo «error connecting with the device»

Quote:
calibre, version 2.63.0
ERRO: Erro: Erro ao comunicar com o dispositivo

list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1412, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2912, in get_debugging_title
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2771, in get_pref
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 139, in settings
IndexError: list index out of range
this is the result of the debug

Spoiler:

calibre Registo de Depuração
calibre 2.63 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 0, 8) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 5, 3) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11) && EpubSplit (2, 1, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 3, 2) && KePub Output (2, 5, 3) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Open With (1, 5, 9)
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 4.4 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG: 4.4 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG: 4.4 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 4.4 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouchExtended'
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py:339: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
Storage number map:
{(7L, 0L): [(4L, 'C'), (6L, 'X'), (7L, 'D')], (7L, 1L): [(1L, 'F')]}
Storage number for USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_KOBO&PROD_EREADER-3.19.561&REV_0110\613A294014995&0: StorageDeviceNumber(type=7L, number=1L, partition_number=0L)
Drive letters for USBDevice(vendor_id=0x2237 product_id=0x4173 bcd=0x110 devid=usb\vid_2237&pid_4173&rev_0110 devinst=5)
{u'drive_letters': ['F'],
u'pnp_id_map': {'F': u'\\\\?\\usbstor#disk&ven_kobo&prod_ereader-3.19.561&rev_0110#613a294014995&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}'},
u'readonly_drives': set([]),
u'sort_map': {'F': (1L, 1L)}}
DEBUG: 6.5 KoboUtilities:_on_device_connection_changed - self.plugin_device_connection_changed.__class__: <type 'PyQt5.QtCore.pyqtBoundSignal'>
DEBUG: 6.5 Methods for self.plugin_device_connection_changed: ['__call__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'connect', 'disconnect', 'emit', 'signal']
DEBUG: 6.5 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 6.5 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 6.5 Root path of device: F:\
DEBUG: 6.5 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 6.5 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path="F:\"
DEBUG: 6.5 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 6.5 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouchExtended'
Job: 1 Obter informação sobre o dispositivo started
DeviceJob: 1 Obter informação sobre o dispositivo done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Obter informação sobre o dispositivo callback returned
Job: 2 Definir informação da biblioteca started
DeviceJob: 2 Definir informação da biblioteca done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Definir informação da biblioteca callback returned
Job: 3 Listar os livros presentes no dispositivo started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch::migrate_old_settings - start
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch::migrate_old_settings - settings.extra_customization= [u'#prateleiras', True, True, True, False, False, False, False, False, True, False, True, u'', True, False, False, False, False, False, False, u'', False]
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch::migrate_old_settings - config.preferences= [Option: format_map, Option: use_subdirs, Option: read_metadata, Option: use_author_sort, Option: save_template, Option: extra_customization, Option: manage_collections, Option: collections_columns, Option: create_collections, Option: delete_empty_collections, Option: upload_covers, Option: keep_cover_aspect, Option: upload_grayscale, Option: show_archived_books, Option: show_previews, Option: show_recommendations, Option: update_series, Option: update_device_metadata, Option: modify_css, Option: support_newer_firmware, Option: debugging_title, Option: driver_version]
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch::migrate_old_settings - settings need to be migrated
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch::migrate_old_settings - settings.collections_columns= #prateleiras
DeviceJob: 3 Listar os livros presentes no dispositivo done, calling callback
list index out of range

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2912, in get_debugging_title

DeviceJob: 3 Listar os livros presentes no dispositivo callback returned
Job: 3 Listar os livros presentes no dispositivo finished
list index out of range

Job: 2 Definir informação da biblioteca finished
Sem detalhes disponíveis.
Job: 1 Obter informação sobre o dispositivo finished
Sem detalhes disponíveis.
Started up in 16.31 seconds with 1450 books

any help figuring what is wrong and how to fixe it would be apreciated.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #1565
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
I updated calibre and the kobo plugins and now calibre gives me this error when I connect the kobo glo «error connecting with the device»

this is the result of the debug

calibre Registo de Depuração
calibre 2.63 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 0, 8) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 5, 3) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11) && EpubSplit (2, 1, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 3, 2) && KePub Output (2, 5, 3) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Open With (1, 5, 9)
Starting up...

any help figuring what is wrong and how to fixe it would be apreciated.
According to the log, you haven't updated the extended driver. You are at 2.5.3 (highlighted in red), and the driver is up to 2.7.2. There were changes in calibre 2.60.0 that meant the driver had to be updated. Updating the driver will almost definitely fix the problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:42 AM   #1566
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought I did, I updated all the drivers that were indicated in calibre has having updates, I didn’t pay much attention to which ones where listed and didn't see that not all of the plugins where listed there. I’ll update tonight.

Thank’s davidfor!
Old 07-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #1567
tempest@de
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Also, there are some translations still missing. If you fluently speak Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Spanish, or German, there's still some strings at https://translations.launchpad.net/calibre-kobo-driver that need translating from English.
I think the Brazilian Portuguese and the Portuguese translations are now complete.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #1568
apbook
apbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
no hyphenation

Hello, I have the same issue as @jugaor. Please have a look at the log file, thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpqt8hnc.txt (85.2 KB, 165 views)
apbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #1569
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbook View Post
Hello, I have the same issue as @jugaor. Please have a look at the log file, thank you.
According to your log, you've disabled hyphenation:

Code:
{'replace_lang': False, 'smarten_punctuation': False, 'no-hyphens': False, 'clean_markup': False, 'extended_kepub_features': True, 'hyphenate': False}
In the driver settings, under the Extended tab, make sure "Hyphenate Files" is checked, like in the attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 22.10.52.png
Views:	254
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	150674  
Old 08-05-2016, 02:23 AM   #1570
apbook
apbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi jgoguen
the line you picked from my log was generated when sending the book to the reader.
My settings appear earlier in the log:
Code:
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:books - driver options= Driver:KoboTouchExtended, Options - format_map: [u'kepub', u'epub', u'cbr', u'cbz', u'pdf', u'txt'], use_subdirs: True, read_metadata: True, use_author_sort: False, save_template: books/{author_sort}/{title}, extra_customization: [], manage_collections: True, collections_columns: series, tags, create_collections: True, delete_empty_collections: True, upload_covers: False, keep_cover_aspect: False, upload_grayscale: False, show_archived_books: False, show_previews: False, show_recommendations: False, update_series: True, update_device_metadata: True, modify_css: False, support_newer_firmware: False, debugging_title: , driver_version: 2.7.2, extra_features: True, upload_encumbered: False, skip_failed: False, hyphenate: True, replace_lang: False, smarten_punctuation: False, clean_markup: False, full_page_numbers: False, disable_hyphenation: False, file_copy_dir:
I use this plugin a longer time and this is a new issue.
apbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:11 AM   #1571
Ferretqueen
Ferretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Glo
I am confused about which plugins to use with my Glo. "Funny things" are happening as my Glo ages.... light problems, poor battery which when it fails causes a full reset.... I lose my books.... but most annoying is that settings I had set up years ago in Calibre - seem to have disappeared. In the main I refer to the extended driver. It is no longer in my list of plugins.... So I tried to download it again. It wouldn't...

Seems as though these things must be tried at east four times... It has finally allowed me to download the extended file in debug mode.
Messy Buckets..... and much thanks.

Last edited by Ferretqueen; 08-13-2016 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Change in circumstance..
Ferretqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:23 AM   #1572
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretqueen View Post
I am confused about which plugins to use with my Glo. "Funny things" are happening as my Glo ages.... light problems, poor battery which when it fails causes a full reset.... I lose my books....
The light on my Glo stopped working after three years. The battery starting to lose capacity is expected, but it shouldn't be resetting. That makes me wonder if the internal SD card is failing. Replacing that isn't too hard.

Of course, these things might be happening to tell you that you need a new ereader :
Quote:
but most annoying is that settings I had set up years ago in Calibre - seem to have disappeared. In the main I refer to the extended driver. It is no longer in my list of plugins.... So I tried to download it again. It wouldn't...

Seems as though these things must be tried at east four times... It has finally allowed me to download the extended file in debug mode.
Messy Buckets..... and much thanks.
The driver should just update, but there were some issues caused by my updates to the KoboTouch drivers a month or so ago and some bad timing. I didn't think anything would have blocked the driver from updating, but there obviously was a circumstance where it did happen. It is probably fixed now, but if it happen again, the best thing is to open the calibre configuration directory, find the plugin file and delete it. You should then be able to install it again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:48 PM   #1573
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Plugin Problems

Has anyone seen this type of error while trying to install a plugin?

this was the koboextendeddriver plugin

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 715, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 417, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 55, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 195, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED

any ideas?

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:07 PM   #1574
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbook View Post
I use this plugin a longer time and this is a new issue.
I'm having some trouble with my Kobo device. Probably my fault too Could you (or anyone else having the same trouble) install this driver update manually and try sending the book to your device? Just go to Preferences -> Plugins and choose Load Plugin From File. Let me know of any problems, with debug logs. And if I can get my device working again, I'll try it myself
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboTouchExtended.zip (31.3 KB, 133 views)
Old 08-16-2016, 05:09 PM   #1575
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Has anyone seen this type of error while trying to install a plugin?

this was the koboextendeddriver plugin

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 715, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 417, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 55, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 195, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED

any ideas?

regards

Jack
I've only seen this when upgrading from very old versions where some specific changes were made. Remove the plugin, restart calibre, and reinstall the plugin, your settings will be preserved.

Tags
error, kobo aura one