Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks, Dennis.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
Adlopa
Adlopa began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T¦T2
Okay, disregard all my moans -- eReader does support the FictionWise login. It would appear that my office Wi-Fi network was blocking the login in some way. I just successfully logged in using my FictionWise details with the iPhone eReader app and downloaded a handful of ebooks. W00t!
Adlopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Looks like the ereader.com server cannot cope with the additional traffic. At least for me, it's *very* slow to load...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
We've downloaded the eReader app and cannot get it installed on my wife's iPod Touch running 1.1.4. We have updated her iTunes to 7.7.0.43 and there is no obvious way to install it and there are no directions on how. So how do we install the app?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
We've downloaded the eReader app and cannot get it installed on my wife's iPod Touch running 1.1.4. We have updated her iTunes to 7.7.0.43 and there is no obvious way to install it and there are no directions on how. So how do we install the app?
iTunes just sucks. When we searched for eReader, there was no info that it needed the 2.0 firmware. Now you know why iTunes is hated world wide.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #21
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Some further items:
  1. The iPhone 2.0 firmware is not officially released yet, although the direct url seems to work. I am going to wait for iTunes to prompt me for the update.
  2. iTunes 7.7 has appeared in software update for some people, myself included. I suspect the release gets staggered somehow to prevent the update servers from being hammered all at once.
  3. Everything in the iTunes App store required the 2.0 firmware. I thought Apple had been pretty clear about that in the run-up to tomorrow.
  4. The iPod Touch will require a different firmware update. From what I've seen to date, the iPhone firmware update does not apply to the iPod Touch.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #22
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
Quote:
iTunes just sucks. When we searched for eReader, there was no info that it needed the 2.0 firmware. Now you know why iTunes is hated world wide.
Just to clarify for the future, I believe that 2.0 is required for all of the app store programs. The app store is in fact one of the features listed on the 2.0 software page for the iPhone, and for the iPod Touch page they show the app store but note that it requires the 2.0 software, listed as 'Coming Soon.' Of course, the iPhone page still shows 2.0 as Coming Soon as well.

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack B Nimble View Post
Just to clarify for the future, I believe that 2.0 is required for all of the app store programs. The app store is in fact one of the features listed on the 2.0 software page for the iPhone, and for the iPod Touch page they show the app store but note that it requires the 2.0 software, listed as 'Coming Soon.' Of course, the iPhone page still shows 2.0 as Coming Soon as well.

Jack
I also remember from WWDC key note that the iPod Touch 2.0 firmware was going to cost $9.99 from the app store. Is this the case? The iPhone was going to get the update for free.

My son has an iPod touch, and has put off Jailbreaking it waiting for the app store. We got a $50 iTunes gift card when we bought the touch at Best Buy for my son's birthday.

I assume the eReader app is free?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #24
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I assume the eReader app is free?

BOb
Yes..
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #25
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeister0 View Post
From the description, it appears that you download the books to the iPhone directly within the eReader app...I'm curious how you get books that you buy from someplace other than FictionWise onto the phone.
I posed the same question on the Fictionwise Yahoo group, and Steve P. was kind enough to respond:
Quote:
We will be launching a way very soon (think a week or two max) to upload
personal content as well as ereader files purchased or downloaded from
other stores.
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #26
drgnbear
Evil alien overlord.
drgnbear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I logged in with my ereader login and it shows the entire library that I bought when I read on my palm Vx I am happy to have access to them again!!!!
drgnbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #27
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenli View Post
Instead of updating iTunes, I directly downloaded 7.7 from Apple.com, and installed it over my 7.6.2. Works fine so far.

Here is the link:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

I've never used eReader before. Can I get eReader to open a txt file or pdb file without using eReader Studio to first convert them into eReader format?
eReader is one of the PDB formats so it depends on which one you are trying to open (See PDB in the wiki). eReader can read its own file format and PalmDOC format but not text.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #28
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
AFAIK, the 2.0 firmware upgrade is for the Touch as well as the iPhone, so one assumes so.
______
Dennis
The iPhone upgrade is free but I believe the iPod Touch upgrade is not free.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #29
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, any idea of what the features of ereader are like compared to the Palm version? Extras? Special new features? Things left out?
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #30
morpheus
Aio, quantitas magna frum
morpheus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Every iPhone app has this listed under requirements. For eReader it says:

Requirements:

Compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch
Requires iPhone 2.0 software update
morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote