Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
25% off Kobo - and a question

I got an email with 25% off Kobo ebooks, through President's Day. feb18us25. Here is my question-if one were to have certain tools from the dark net, would it work on Kobo books? I am at work, and cannot access that website, but I would like to buy books and convert them. Thanks, and enjoy!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
EsperKnight
EsperKnight began at the beginning.

Device: DROID
If they work on Adobe ADEPT epubs then yes.
EsperKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Most of Kobo's books are epub format and yes, they can be converted with the proper TOOLS. A few of them are some other format (I believe they are marked as "Mobile" on the site?) and I don't think you can convert those.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
EsperKnight
EsperKnight began at the beginning.

Device: DROID
Luckily the mobile ones are rare but definitely watch out for them. I bought the first book in the Young Wizards series by Diane Duane and wasn't paying attention and it was one of the mobile ones. Not a huge deal for me as I read mostly on my cell phone but would have preferred to not use the Kobo software. Interesting enough though I looked at it a month or so later and I could download the epub as well.
EsperKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Why don't you try first if you got it right with a free copy of whatever?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks, everyone. I thought I would go one and look around, but found they block that site as well! Reason given is Mobile Phone. This is the first shopping site I have ever found blocked - our company actually encourages online shopping, to a certain extent (the whole balance issue).
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote