Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
kenflyken
kenflyken began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Irex Iliad
Question Where to buy in Singapore?

Hii...I'm a newbie to Ereaders. My friend (who apparently bought the 500 in America) just showed me this really wonderful gadget, and now, I want to get one also.

But...from what I've read in the forums, the PRS-505 is not officially available outside of the USA...yet. But I was wondering where I can order the 505 in Singapore (or in Thailand). Any suggested websites? I tried looking in Ebay, but the marked up prices are outrageous, while other online retailers don't have the 505 in stock yet (e.g. Smarthome, B&H).

Also, is it better if I hold out and wait to see what Bookeen or Amazon has to offer with their readers? I'm not willing to pay more than $350 on a reader, so Bookeen's will be the max I can afford, so is the $50 increase over the 505 worth it?

Thanks so much...
kenflyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
I can't make a decision for you on 'holding off'. BUT, I've had good luck in the past with J&R Electronics in NYC. I don't know if they do international shipments, but they definitely have the reader.

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.proc...dheld_and_PDA/

You can probably check by e-mail if they will ship to you.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2007, 01:36 AM   #3
civicguy
civicguy began at the beginning.

Device: None
hi ken. i am from Singapore and plan to buy when my colleagues go to USA for business trip.

you can also look at using VPOST service. Order from a USA online store and send it to the vPost address in USA. vPost then send that to SIngapore after you pay them.

Last edited by civicguy; 10-17-2007 at 11:53 AM.
civicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:56 AM   #4
maxk
Enthusiast
maxk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader View Post
I can't make a decision for you on 'holding off'. BUT, I've had good luck in the past with J&R Electronics in NYC. I don't know if they do international shipments, but they definitely have the reader.

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.proc...dheld_and_PDA/

You can probably check by e-mail if they will ship to you.

FYI

http://www.jr.com/templates/informat...opping.tem#G03

Quote:
Areas We Ship To
At the present time, we only ship to the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories, Puerto Rico, and Canada. J&R proudly ships to our Armed Forces APO/FPO customers.
maxk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #5
quek
Enthusiast
quek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS500, Iliad
Be careful about using vpost US for the reader. I have confirmed with them once that they do not ship anything with lithium battery. You could possibly end up with your reader stuck there for good. Send a mail to confirm with them first.

Quek
quek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert