Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
cbatalla
cbatalla began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook 3Gen
Unhappy Error: malformed database schema (books_insert_trg)

Yesterday I updated to version 0.6.51 without problems. However, today when I enter Calibre I receive the error "Bad database location" with the following details:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 517, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 126, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 129, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\custom_columns.py", line 34, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 163, in run
DatabaseException: malformed database schema (books_insert_trg) - trigger books_insert_trg already exists
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 127, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 76, in get
DatabaseError: malformed database schema (books_insert_trg) - trigger books_insert_trg already exists

I can point to an empty database I have on another directory, but if I go to preferences and re-select my old database the program says:

ERROR: Invalid database: <p>An invalid library already exists at f:\calibrelib, delete it before trying to move the existing library.<br>Error: malformed database schema (books_insert_trg) - trigger books_insert_trg already exists
DatabaseError: malformed database schema (books_insert_trg) - trigger books_insert_trg already exists

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\__init__.py", line 486, in move_library
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 126, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 129, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\custom_columns.py", line 34, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 163, in run
DatabaseException: malformed database schema (books_insert_trg) - trigger books_insert_trg already exists

As the database is not loaded, I cannot check its consistency from proferences.

Is there anything (from command line, for example) that I can do to try to fix my database. There are more than 5.000 books inside!

Thanks a lot.
cbatalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what version did you update from?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
cbatalla

Previous version

I was upgrading from 0.6.48 but I DID work with the new version without problems for a day. The next time I opened calibre is when I received the error.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Strange, can you mail your database to me (the file metadata.db) to kovid at kovidgoyal. net
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
cbatalla

Database sent

Of course! I have already sent it to you. Thanks a lot for your help.
Advert

Tags
error message, malformed database