Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
Sbilf
Sbilf is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS 700
New from Italy

Hello from Rome, Italy.

I'm Max (Massimo as the Gladiator ) and I want say "ciao" to all. I've read this forum for a long time as "guest", but now I'm a owner of a Sony PRS 700

Thank you all for this "cool" forum and I'm proud to join in.

Max or Sbilf.
Sbilf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi Max and welcome to MobileRead!

Congrats on your Sony 700. What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
Sbilf

Hi Curly,

hummmm I'm a good reader: scifi, horror, fantasy, etc. but my first use of the PRS 700 is to read/write tech manuals. I'm a multimedia/web programmer so I need to read a lot of manuals, but I want also save the trees (and money ). But here in Italy we have not good spread about e-Book. If I have not problems to brought (and read) any tech book, we have big problems to buy other kind of books. The italian production of e-book is too small and only old (no rights) books. Independent writers publish some title, but they are 1% of full italian editors. We hope that this situation will change. We hope. I'll replace all my personal tech books with e-ink tecnology. I'll can read all my books anywhere in a only pocket device.

Ciao, and sorry for my poor english.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Your english is just fine.

It is too bad there are so few Italian ebooks available, hopefully that will change. At least you are able to put your tech books on the 700!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ciao max ! welcome to the forum.

in france also we are really frustrated because there are very few ebooks available outside of public domain (out of copyright) books, but slowly that is changing. in the meantime i read a lot of english books because there is a bigger selection available.

i have a 700 as well ; it's a brilliant device isn't it !

we have a few italian members on the forum so perhaps you can get some info about sources for italian books.

we also have thousands of free ebooks available here (click the "e-books" link in the blue navigation bar at the top of the page) formatted by our members ! be sure to take a look. there might even be some in italian. and i recommend also feedbooks ; for the moment, they propose only english, french and spanish language books, but they are constantly developping their offer and i am sure that it is only a matter of time before they will have some italian authors as well. they have classic (public domain) books but also many recent books which are published under a creative commons licence by independent authors.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
Sbilf

Thank you Curly.

Bonjour Zelda,

I know you...ehehhe I've read a million of your posts "mercie" for the tips.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbilf View Post
Thank you Curly.

Bonjour Zelda,

I know you...ehehhe I've read a million of your posts "mercie" for the tips.
goodness, a million ? well i hope soon i'll have the opportunity to read a million of yours.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Ciao, Max and welcome to MobileRead. Your English is a LOT better than my Italian
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
richyhu
Enthusiast
richyhu is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue), PRS-700, PRS-T1 (Black)
Ciao Max, benvenuto. Congrats on the new acquisition and welcome to the board. I would also be interested to find any good sources for Italian e-books.
richyhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Aloha e Max! Welcome to the board.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #11
Sbilf

Awwwwwwwwwww,

thank you all. Ok if everyone of you plans a travel in Rome, I will be happy to get a coffee...ok ok And pizza, spaghetti, lasagna....

@ richyhu try this link:

http://store.simplicissimus.it/content/category/2/8/24/

100% free, some classic italian book in pdf.

Ciao, Max.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Awwwwwwwwwww,

thank you all. Ok if everyone of you plans a travel in Rome, I will be happy to get a coffee...ok ok And pizza, spaghetti, lasagna....

@ richyhu try this link:

http://store.simplicissimus.it/content/category/2/8/24/

100% free, some classic italian book in pdf.

Ciao, Max.
look out, we just might all decide to accept your kind offer on the same day.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #13
Giddia
Giddia began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
Ciao Max,
I live in Rome too and I'm going to buy a prs 505 because i have readed some bad comments on the screen of 700 (my first choice for the touchscreen). I work near the University "La sapienza" and i live near cinecittà. Is it too difficult for you show me your reader working?
ciao, Giulio
Giddia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #14
Sbilf

Hey Giulio,

sorry but only now I've read this...Oh! I live in Marino, but I work in...whoops in Cinecittà!!!! Ahhhh the life!!!! I have not problem to show you my PRS 700.

@Zelda

Max.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Hey Giulio,

sorry but only now I've read this...Oh! I live in Marino, but I work in...whoops in Cinecittà!!!! Ahhhh the life!!!! I have not problem to show you my PRS 700.

@Zelda

Max.
oh, you work in Cinecittà ???? i am going to reserve my train ticket right away !!