Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-04-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Gentium eInk

Gentium is an awesome typeface released under SIL Open Font License. But it has some problems with e-readers. Line spacing is too big, font has too little weight, only Plus version has kerning but it doesn't have bold and bold italic fonts.

So, I fixed all those problems. I lowered line spacing, copied bold and bold italic fonts from the Basic version and added kerning pairs to them. Bold and bold italic also needed their line spacing fixed for compatibility.

I tested the files with epubs designed for testing and reading 2 novels. Encountered no problems. It ended up nice, I think.

It is attached with the post, with a screenshot from an old Glo.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	409
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	143452  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gentium-eInk.zip (861.3 KB, 161 views)
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:06 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
Gentium is an awesome typeface released under SIL Open Font License. ...

Enjoy.
Thanks. I'm going to try it out on my Glo (and maybe my Kindle Touch) and let you know how it works out. It definitely looks good in the screen capture.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert