Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #61
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I've been wondering about this. Would a flexible screen be more susceptable to damage? Since it can be bent, can it be bent too far and creased?
From what I have seen on the subject, I dont think so. The flexible design that seems to be out there shows the screen being flexed to use as input. That said I would imagine that there would be a limit to the bend before destruction aspect that you suggest. I think the current format that kobo has is great. There fore the flexible screen would still be firm as we see it now. The benefit would be that if you cracked the top glass you could replace that cheaply with out the exspense of replacing the actual eink screen, just the protective layer we would see. It is just a thought.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #62
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
You don't even have to switch Wifi on, you can just go and do whatever it is that you were planning to do with the Wifi (sync; browse etc). If Wifi is off, it will say "Wifi is off! May I switch it on?" and all you have to do is tap "Yes." That's only one extra tap instead of the three or two that you're doing
I generally dont use the wifi, is this something that is common to the Kobo touch line, Touch through to mini?
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #63
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
You don't even have to switch Wifi on, you can just go and do whatever it is that you were planning to do with the Wifi (sync; browse etc). If Wifi is off, it will say "Wifi is off! May I switch it on?" and all you have to do is tap "Yes." That's only one extra tap instead of the three or two that you're doing
Tripling productivity....
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #64
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I generally dont use the wifi, is this something that is common to the Kobo touch line, Touch through to mini?
Yep, Touch, Glo and Mini have Wifi And handy browser to browse around in... though it's not officially supported yet, and you must not forget to type the "http://" when you type in a URL otherwise nothing happens (for a while there, I thought the browser was broken )

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
Tripling productivity....
Exactly!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #65
jackastor
Wizard

I wonder What others think of their Kobo

Just curious what others are loving about the Aura
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #66
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Just curious what others are loving about the Aura
Aura is my first touch/night light ereader, so some of the things I love may be common to other readers.

1. Glo light!!!!! Amazing to read in bed in the dark
2. Touch screen
3. Calibre integration!! Love to be able to upload series info and custom bookshelves.
4. Reading life (I may be silly, but I do love the stats and awards. It is what makes Kobo one of my fav iPad reading apps, even though I can't have two columns in the landscape mode, which I really prefer for iPad).
5. Back shape. While I hate the fact that they chose a smooth plastic, I do like the folded back shape. It is comfortable to hold.
6. Color. I got the Espresso and LOVE it. It is exactly as I expected.
7. Home screen. Love that it is low on advertising other books and has lots of options to click on recent books (not just one) and even shelves and apps.

Really the only thing I dislike is the hard, smooth plastic of the case and the fact that the corners are not very curved. Give it and elegant look, but they cut into my hand more than a more rounded corner would.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #67
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Most readers have wifi now. That doesn't mean you have to use them. I used it on my Mini to register it and update it, then turned it off, and I don't use it. I don't use it on my Kindles, either, ordinarily.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote