Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #91
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
They have a pay as you go plan, I purchased a discontinued Samsung phone for $129.00 put $100.00 worth of minutes on it which are good for an entire year, after which if I don't put say another $5.00 on any minutes left will expire. No additional cost and no contract.

This is all I need. I'm not interested in always upgrading to the latest phone.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #92
IMoL
IMoL began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle 4NT, KK (left on plane!)
The whole 'buy a subsidized phone on a fixed term contract' thing for mobiles is very US-centric.

I think the 'own the phone beforehand' and 'get service from whoever' model is much more prevalent in Europe, for example. I have never bought a phone from a service provider (and I think I am on my 6th mobile now). In some European jurisdictions it is even illegal for a mobile to be locked by a carrier.

Of course, in most places you can buy the phone on a fixed contract if you can't afford to buy it outright.

In my case, I buy the devices I want and then get SIM cards from my employer and use those.
IMoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #93
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
In germany they even no more simlock the subsidized phones, because pople often want to switch back and forth on the new phones and no one wanted to buy the locked ones
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote