Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Janice Daugharty
Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Janice Daugharty can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
NOVELS INSPIRED BY 9-11

As I watched the Twin Towers drop on TV, one by one, mushrooming in blood and dust, selfish as it was, I thought I would never again be able to write with my signature humor and irony.

And yet, I knew I would write a 9-11 inspired novel, and I would have to do it using what I call my antidotes for sentimental writing.

How had such a monstrous event affected my little corner of the world, in Southeast Georgia, where the usual happenings "out there" do not make much difference to us? The usual still carries on. We go to the post office, to the store, to church, and carry out rumors and opinions to all these places.

Still, I felt, 9-11 would have to change us somehow. To my thinking, we would become edgy and suspicious, leery of strangers, especially peculiar strangers. And so, one summer night, a girl named normal, who is anything but, leaps from a chicken truck en route to Florida and is left to the mercy of my small, closed town. But only one person, an insider named Daff, shows mercy. And for that she is as damned as Normal. My entertaining e-novel, "Troublesome Creek," is available at all online book stores.

Last edited by Janice Daugharty; 11-28-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Janice Daugharty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
9-11, kindness, misjudgment, revenge, suspicions