Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-25-2016, 09:20 AM   #15796
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
I can confirm that the promo code doesn't work with kobo France. Again.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #15797
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrywoman View Post
50READ

Unlimited use on couponable books. Seems to be US/CAN only (so far?). Expires August 29th.
Added to first page. Doesn't seem to work in the UK.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2016, 11:39 AM   #15798
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Added to first page. Doesn't seem to work in the UK.
Doesn't appear to work in Australia yet either
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #15799
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrywoman View Post
50READ

Unlimited use on couponable books. Seems to be US/CAN only (so far?). Expires August 29th.
Email for CAN said 'on selected books'
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:01 PM   #15800
jimars
Zealot
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
50read seems to work on all couponable books in the US
jimars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2016, 05:53 PM   #15801
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Email for CAN said 'on selected books'
The 'selected books' appear to be all couponable books in the Canadian store.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:04 AM   #15802
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I've just had a 45-minute chat with Kobo customer service, after applying a valid 20 percent coupon and being unable to complete the purchase. The person was extremely helpful. He/she clarified once and for all that no coupons of any kind for any reason will ever work for a Hong Kong customer.

He also promised to convey my message that Kobo has lost me forever as a customer. No, I am uninterested in changing my address for my Kobo account. Prefer to not buy from them anymore, that's all.
Billingsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:44 AM   #15803
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I just tried anniversary16, 20anniversary and anniversary20 in the Hong Kong store and they all deducted 20% of the cost. Did Kobo not allow you to complete the purchase?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:22 AM   #15804
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Same with me: the coupons showed the deduction, but the purchase could not be completed. The Customer Service Agent spent a long time confirming that, although coupons will show as deducted, they absolutely will not work for Hong Kong customers, period. This has been true for over a year.

With paperbacks from Book Depository costing about the same as Kobo e-books, with no added delivery charge, there is no reason whatsoever to buy from Kobo unless discounts, even small ones, are available.
Billingsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #15805
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
In Australia and New Zealand the 50% unlimited use code is READ50 (not 50READ).

The promo says is is valid 27th-28th August on select books, but the selection seems to include every discountable book.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #15806
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
READ50 added to the first post.

Neither working in the UK at the moment.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #15807
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
In Australia and New Zealand the 50% unlimited use code is READ50 (not 50READ).

The promo says is is valid 27th-28th August on select books, but the selection seems to include every discountable book.
The link on the home page has "fcpromocodes=Yes" in it. The other parts are the sort order. So yes, it looks like the "select titles" are all books that allow promo codes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #15808
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
The NZ code worked for me. Thanks.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:29 PM   #15809
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Does anyone know how to limit search URLs at the Kobo store to a specific price range?

I know how to search sorted by ascending price (e.g. use "&sort=PriceAsc" in the URL), which usually is good enough.

And I know how to limit prices at Amazon to a specific price range (e.g. "&price=100-200" will limit to titles between $1.00 and $2.00).

But, but I can't figure out how to limit to a specific price range at Kobo. It's probably something really obvious (OTOH this is Kobo, so maybe not!), but I've tried two or three things (including putting the Amazon way in the Kobo URL) and none of them work.

And I tried looking a bit on the forums here, and looked at the FAQ for the Kobo reader, but I didn't find anything with any combination of search terms I could think of.

I do have a search right now that I'd like to limit a bit on the bottom end, to suppress a bunch of low-priced public domain titles, so just sorting by ascending price won't do it. So if anyone can steer me to the right search format for a price range, that'd be great!

Last edited by sufue; 08-27-2016 at 09:32 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:27 PM   #15810
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Does anyone know how to limit search URLs at the Kobo store to a specific price range?

I know how to search sorted by ascending price (e.g. use "&sort=PriceAsc" in the URL), which usually is good enough.

And I know how to limit prices at Amazon to a specific price range (e.g. "&price=100-200" will limit to titles between $1.00 and $2.00).

But, but I can't figure out how to limit to a specific price range at Kobo. It's probably something really obvious (OTOH this is Kobo, so maybe not!), but I've tried two or three things (including putting the Amazon way in the Kobo URL) and none of them work.

And I tried looking a bit on the forums here, and looked at the FAQ for the Kobo reader, but I didn't find anything with any combination of search terms I could think of.

I do have a search right now that I'd like to limit a bit on the bottom end, to suppress a bunch of low-priced public domain titles, so just sorting by ascending price won't do it. So if anyone can steer me to the right search format for a price range, that'd be great!
After doing a search that brings back a list, down the left side are some filters. That includes minimum and maximum prices but, with a limited set of options.

Using these, the URLs have "fcmaxprice" and "fcminprice" as the options needed. So:

Code:
&fcmaxprice=40&fcminprice=10
Limits the price between 10 and 40 dollars.

I did some tests using the promo search and https://store.kobobooks.com/Search?Q...&fcminprice=90 gives me 28 pages of results. And it does look like decimals work, so you can use "90.50".

You can also just use one of the options. So, I just used the minimum price to find what the most expensive book was in the Australian shop. There are 16 pages of books priced over $1444. Most of the expensive books are some sort of non-fiction. As an example, the second most expensive book is https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/eb...n-chemistry-ii at $8,648.09. But, the most expensive book is historical fiction and is a little bit more expensive. It is https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/convict-girl and only costs:
Spoiler:
$16,112,967.19!
No one has rated it yet, so I don't know how good it is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals