Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #61
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
If you didn't notice, since awhile back, Skype *is* MS. Similar is no real surprise there.

http://www.wired.com/business/2011/0...-buys-skype-2/
Oh, No, I did miss that.

Ah well there you go then. I am fully familiar with the process then.

Good luck.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #62
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Micro doesn't work very well.

Hey Guys,
i have a little problem.
I tested this kind of skype and found out that there comes a little problem with it.
When i am calling to somebody the micro from the Kindle is working for about one minute and then only sometimes for a minute.
Knows somebody how can I solve this problem?

Best regards,
Bagerfahrer
Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #63
vector-crumb
vector-crumb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (5.12)
Hello everybody,
I can seem to figure out how to get the GUI running. I placed the extracted the skype 4 zip file into the extensions folder, and downloaded the skype launcher rar file in the first or second page. I tried opening the program with the gui launcher and even in the Xterm terminal emulator running this command:

Code:
cd mnt
cd us
cd extensions
cd skype
sh run_skype_directly.sh
after that I try

Code:
sh run_voice.sh
and also cd into the bin folder and run:

Code:
sh skyper-run.sh
No GUI pops up after that, nor any visible indication of a process starting. Am I supposed to connect via ssh, telnet o vnc?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #64
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

19th would be today.

Update forthcoming or is this for the bit bin?

@qlob I shall resist the urge to type I told you so... Doh! too late

Last edited by twobob; 01-20-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #65
hypotheticalduck
hypotheticalduck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Could anyone help out a technically-minded-but-new-to-Kindles guy?
I don't understand how to get this working on the Kindle. I have a Kindle Touch (5.1.0), jailbroken. I can SSH into it, I can SCP into it, I can install '.bin's as updates, but I can't figure out what I do with shell scripts. I have skype4.zip downloaded and extracted, do I need any of the other files mentioned in this thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodevua View Post
How to run:
1. To set account and password in config.ini file
2. To start run_voice.sh file
Do I create config.ini myself? Where?
More importantly, how do I start run_voice.sh or run_skype_directly.sh ?
I have read through this thread several times, and the blogspot page and readme file too, but I just can't figure it out...
Many thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #66
twobob

It's dead. This project is dead.

There.
nice and clear.

The OP let the license (inevitably) lapse.

Sorry for your wasted time. Perhaps the thread should be permanently removed... or at least the top post PRUNED. EDIT: (I've requested it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_176.png
Views:	654
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	101580  
Attached Images

Last edited by twobob; 02-19-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #67
hypotheticalduck
hypotheticalduck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ah.
Well, thanks. Especially for replying so quickly.
Oh well... to other Kindle projects.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #68
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotheticalduck View Post
Ah.
Well, thanks. Especially for replying so quickly.
Oh well... to other Kindle projects.
I like your attitude.

If I can be of any help in the future, don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT: and no problem on the rapidity - I was doing my "evening rounds" anyways
Old 02-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #69
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
k5 tools, launcher add-ons