Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #196
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayerling View Post
I actually already payed them to remove special offers. However I am unable to connect to the wifi here at work. I already applied the hack I mentioned above, so does that mean that once I connect to a wifi and my amazon takes away the SO the hack will work?
Most probably, yes. If it doesn't, please ask in the relevant (i.e., the screensaver) thread.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #197
Dworkyll
Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.

Device: iPaq 214, HanLin V5, K3W, K4, KPW, iPad3
Hi guys,

and first of all, I'd like to thank all of your brilliant work here.

I have a PW on 5.2, and I'd like to free it. Which is the safest method: apply the JB (opening the bridge), then upgrade to 5.3.1 and re-run the JB, or apply the 5.3.1 firmware first, and then run the JB?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by Dworkyll; 12-16-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: grammatical corrections
Dworkyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #198
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
The easiest way would be to apply the update first and then the new 5.3.0 jailbreak, since there are multiple confirmed reports of it working.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #199
Dworkyll
Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
The easiest way would be to apply the update first and then the new 5.3.0 jailbreak, since there are multiple confirmed reports of it working.
Thanks. I will do this way, then. It was my gut feeling as well, but better safe, than sorry, is'nt it
Old 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #200
Dworkyll

Well, it went smoother than expected. I've copied the update bin to the device, just to be sure. To have it in place once I obtain the sequence confirmation. Well, the device did not asked me how and when I want to apply the update, it did it sometime in the day. I find it a bit spooky. Nex time there will be no bin files hanging around until I get the green light.

Anyway, the JB mobi worked like a charm, thanks again. You are the greatest.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:52 AM   #201
BrianW45
BrianW45 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy Can't access http://ge.tt/4wapSaK/v/82

Hi,

The link to the Kindlet-Jailbreak from the first page appears to no longer be available, I've tried off and on for the past 3 days, but can't seem to get to the site ge.tt

Can someone please tell me where I can find the kindlet-jailbreak so that I can continue to install the collections manager on my new Paperwhite?

Thanks

Brian
BrianW45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 AM   #202
Dworkyll

Try this one: http://ge.tt/4wapSaK/v/92 worked, for me
Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #203
GaspodeX
GaspodeX began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Unhappy

Nevermind - being dense....

G.

Last edited by GaspodeX; 12-18-2012 at 05:01 AM.
GaspodeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #204
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Does this JB also enables usbnetworking? I failed to find a thread with instructions to install USBnetwork as I did for my K3 before.

Thanks.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #205
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
Does this JB also enables usbnetworking? I failed to find a thread with instructions to install USBnetwork as I did for my K3 before.

Thanks.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #206
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Thanks
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #207
kuoirad
kuoirad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, ixtab! This worked flawlessly on my new PW last night.
kuoirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #208
Tvangeste
Enthusiast
Tvangeste began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Hi, ixtab, awesome work with the jailbreak! Used it on 3 different kindles and it works like a charm.

Quick question though. Say, I'd like to return one of my Kindles back to Amazon, the screen on that unit is awful. So, I'd like to revert the device to its stock condition, no jailbreak, etc. For USB networking and kindlet jailbreaks there are uninstallers, but what about the jailbreak itself? How would you revert to the stock condition? I'm afraid that Amazon could reject my return if the device is jailbroken.

Thank you!
Tvangeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #209
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvangeste View Post
Hi, ixtab, awesome work with the jailbreak! Used it on 3 different kindles and it works like a charm.

Quick question though. Say, I'd like to return one of my Kindles back to Amazon, the screen on that unit is awful. So, I'd like to revert the device to its stock condition, no jailbreak, etc. For USB networking and kindlet jailbreaks there are uninstallers, but what about the jailbreak itself? How would you revert to the stock condition? I'm afraid that Amazon could reject my return if the device is jailbroken.

Thank you!
Hmmm... the link is right in the first post
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #210
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And Amazon does not reject jailbroken devices. At least they haven't yet.

In part because they ship your replacement before you even send them your broken one.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote