Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Official Downloadable Vox update!

Kobo seems to be learning Took about 3 minutes to download.

https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/top...ox_update_link

Download

Last edited by Kboland; 03-20-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
dont think it matters what kobo do, someone will be along with a whinge shortly about a problem with it
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Looks like the same link previously posted in this forum which at least one person had problems installing.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
ThreeB
ThreeB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
It might be the same link, but I don't think it's the same file. I downloaded the file from the link a couple of days ago, but after it was installed, the setup process still wanted to download updates.

I downloaded the file from the above link, connected the Kobo to my computer via USB cable, copied the file to the drive and powered off / on the Kobo.

The update completed, the setup process didn't required a download and I was able to complete the setup process successfully!

My Kobo Vox is no longer a brick !
ThreeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
BWinmill
Nameless Being

So hopefully everyone's problems will go away. And hopefully Kobo will learn a lesson: forced registration and updates are a very bad idea. I wonder how many people bought a Vox over the past couple of weeks and ended up returning it because it never worked?
Old 03-23-2012, 02:25 AM   #6
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Definitely not the same file. About half the size in Mb. Hmm, now this is interesting. Upon rebooting I didn't get any kind of update screen or similar behavior I've seen in the past. Also the update.zip file is gone.

However when I started the update routine it started the update download from the beginning, instead of quickly moving to x%. AAAHHHHH FRRRIIIGGG. The download failed again at 46%. <sigh>

Ok, I'll try the update.zip file again. Ahhh, this time I'm seeing the Software Update screen. Hmm, it's paused at one spot for a loooong time. Ok, kept on going after I set it down and it's rebooting. Hurry up now....

And success. I'm now able to see my library. Thanks for the link.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote