Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #121
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I've just started listening to the Librivox version of Princess of Mars. I'm quite happy with the quality so far, given that it's a freebie with many narrators.

It's my first full-length audiobook, I think. I normally listen to podcasts on my train journey. I have found myself missing important bits once or twice, when I've been distracted, which doesn't tend to matter with a podcast.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #122
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Really, really enjoying Raul Esparza's narration of Under the Dome. It's just close to perfect, IMO.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #123
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Really, really enjoying Raul Esparza's narration of Under the Dome. It's just close to perfect, IMO.
How long did it take to finish it?
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:32 AM   #124
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I've just started listening to the Librivox version of Princess of Mars. I'm quite happy with the quality so far, given that it's a freebie with many narrators.

It's my first full-length audiobook, I think. I normally listen to podcasts on my train journey. I have found myself missing important bits once or twice, when I've been distracted, which doesn't tend to matter with a podcast.
I really don't like the Librivox recordings, I just hate the way they go through the spiel of "This is a Librivox recording blah blah blah" at the beginning of every chapter. I could cope at the beginning and end of the book, but not that often.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #125
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
How long did it take to finish it?
It's probably 35 - 40 hours long. I'm about 20 hours in.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #126
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
I didn't ever think I would like an audio book because I love to curl up with the printed word but I am currently listening to The Nine Princes of Amber series read by the author himself, Roger Zelazny. I am loving it. I have read the books dozens of times but hearing the author's interpretation has brought a freshness to the story and more admiration from me on his wonderful way with words. I have finally found a use for my IPad The speakers are great, I don't have to bother with headphones and the audio book does not run the battery down as fast as a visual book.
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #127
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
It's probably 35 - 40 hours long. I'm about 20 hours in.
I just gave up on the 22-hour nonfiction opus The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration at around the 15-hour mark. A solid book, with terrific narration, but it became more about the personal lives of the southern black migrants than a commentary on sociology; I'll probably skim the rest in print at another time.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #128
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I finished the Hunger Games trilogy. Much has been said about the series, so I'll just say that I enjoyed the first two books and found the third one bizarre. The reader was excellent.

Now I'm listening to Thomas Perry's The Butcher's Boy. So far, so good.

Last edited by Synamon; 03-29-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #129
ElsieC
Zealot
ElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-505
I recently finished the three most recent Janet Evanovich books/Stephanie Plum Series (Sizzling Sixteen, Smokin' Seventeen and Explosive Eighteen). I really enjoy hearing these read. I find the dialogue even funnier when narrated by Lorelei King, I enjoy all her characterizations.

I also am making my way through all the Robert B. Parker Spenser series in audio and I have enjoyed both narrators I have heard so far. I have discovered I like these books better if I don't read them back to back but read something else in between.

I also just finished the Sue Grafton book V is for Vengeance. Having read all of Grafton's other books on paper, it was enjoyable to hear it although I could go either way for this series (paper/ebook or audio).
ElsieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #130
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieC View Post
I recently finished the three most recent Janet Evanovich books/Stephanie Plum Series (Sizzling Sixteen, Smokin' Seventeen and Explosive Eighteen). I really enjoy hearing these read. I find the dialogue even funnier when narrated by Lorelei King, I enjoy all her characterizations.
I agree, Lorelei King is one of the best narrators around, I just love her readings of the Stephanie Plum series.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #131
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Just finished the cast reading of Dracula. I forgot how good that book was.

Dr. Seward: Alan Cumming
Jonathan Harker: Simon Vance
Mina Murray/Harker: Katy Kellgren
Lucy Westenra: Susan Duerden
Van Helsing: Tim Curry
Steven Crossley: Zookeeper’s account and reporter
Victor Villar-Hauser: Arthur Holmwood
Marc Vietor: Quincey Morris
and many others. This isn't a dramatization, but a reading of the book in character.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #132
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
That sounds like an awesome cast. Where did you get it?
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #133
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
That sounds like an awesome cast. Where did you get it?
Audible has this version.

Last edited by Synamon; 04-03-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #134
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you
Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #135
odiakkoh
Guru

Well I bought Dracula and am now listening to it as well. Love it.

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations