Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Can I cancel my Kobo Vox Pre-Order?

There were tons of Vox's at my Future Shop, so I picked one up. I would have to wait another week or two to get it from Kobo (being out here in BC), and I'd much rather have a local place to exchange it if there's problems.

Does anyone know how I can cancel my Vox pre-order? It hasn't been billed to my card yet, so it should be easy - providing Kobo responds to my request within a couple of days!

I know you can cancel orders with Chapters this way, so I assume it's the same. Worst case, I guess I can ship it back when it gets here for a refund, but then I am stuck paying for return shipping. Any advice would be great - thanks!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
I did, and my Vox was at the store already (they only emailed me this afternoon). I had picked one up at Future Shop after hearing here that you could not return the ones from Chapters.

So I went to Chapters and they are reversing the charges on my credit card. I even told them why, that I wanted to be sure I could return it if I didn't like it.

Good thing ....
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Did you buy it through Kobo books though - or Chapters? I am trying to see how I can cancel my order through Kobo books. Maybe I may have to wait for it to be shipped and then return the shipped Vox to Chapters to avoid shipping?
Old 10-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Get the same colour Vox at both places. When the new one comes in, return it unopened to the store. Just don't use the gift card
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
sueran
sueran began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Great idea, taming! Does the Vox have a serial number? Or are they all just the same? I tried calling Kobo to cancel my pre-order as it still shows Pending, no shipment tracking number. They told me that Tier Two customer care would get back to me in a few days; so I asked if the delay in getting back to me means that a Vox does get shipped to me then how do I return it to them. She couldn't (or wouldn't) answer that question. Just copied me on her email to Tier Two. I love my old Kobo and am really excited to get the Vox, but not always pleased with their customer service.
sueran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic

I thought about that taming...so bought the same colour. Then i saw it came with a serial number...which is linked to the scanned barcode on my recceipt. Still could work though depending on how returns are done. Cancelled my order anyway...but if they ship before cancelling i may try this anyway!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Buy one through BestBuy, there you can return it within 14 days no questions asked even it is is opened, so if your order doesn't get cancelled you don't end up with two
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #8
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

I went into the Chapters store, thinking I would get the thing faster if I had it shipped directly to the store. NOT! Future shop opened at 10:00, Chapters send me an email that afternoon that they had received my Vox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Did you buy it through Kobo books though - or Chapters? I am trying to see how I can cancel my order through Kobo books. Maybe I may have to wait for it to be shipped and then return the shipped Vox to Chapters to avoid shipping?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
friktion
Zealot

I would bet it's 30 days, like Future Shop (both are owned by the same people). At Future Shop, they told me 30 days return, no problem.

Also 1 year guarantee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknirvana View Post
Buy one through BestBuy, there you can return it within 14 days no questions asked even it is is opened, so if your order doesn't get cancelled you don't end up with two
Old 10-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friktion View Post
I would bet it's 30 days, like Future Shop (both are owned by the same people). At Future Shop, they told me 30 days return, no problem.

Also 1 year guarantee.
I was told 14 days at BestBuy but I guess it could just be the sales person i talked to. Looking at the reciept it look like ereader it 30 days, and since the the vox is found in that section i assume this applies
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
brettm
brettm is on a distinguished road

Device: kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Try contacting ddiljohn@kobo.com

Worked for me as he cancelled very quickly. Include your order number.
brettm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm View Post

Who is this person? I'm asking because I'm having problems with my Kobo vox order and their customer service right now, and I think I need to deal with one person who will handle it properly. Is this person in Canada? I might actually end up cancelling my order and going with another product.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #13
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Who is this person? I'm asking because I'm having problems with my Kobo vox order and their customer service right now, and I think I need to deal with one person who will handle it properly. Is this person in Canada? I might actually end up cancelling my order and going with another product.
I would call instead of emailing if you want quick response.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:04 AM   #14
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm View Post

Thanks! I emailed him, so we'll see if he can get to it quicker than the regular support staff.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #15
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
I called in to cancel mine, and it's "being escalated to Tier Two." The phone menu didn't really have an "order" option, so I chose the Vox option, but apparently those reps don't handle orders. Whatever.

Considered getting one of the newer Coby's, but I want a better screen! Zoomed around the Internet, and there really aren't many affordable 7-inch tablets with 1024 screens. *sigh* Luckily (I guess), Lenovo still hadn't got around to canceling my order (from Wednesday), so I told them to put it back on the production line. Too bad the HTC Flyer and Samsung aren't remotely in my price range.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote