Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #16
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
They refund your full purchase price by putting it back on your credit card. And, in addition to that, they give you $25 in Amazon credit. Plus you get to keep the covers.
Full refund is really great. $25 credit on top of that is over and above. Getting to keep the defective covers? I really don't think that makes any difference one way or the other. It's definitely not a plus for me at all. I guess it's a plus for them since they don't have to pay for return shipping but all I'm going to do with them is throw them into the trash can...

Still, awesome service all the way around. Now, let me see if I understand this correctly. Even though the two covers look virtually identical, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the lighted covers? There's no chance they're going to start doing the same thing if we take our refund and our credits and "upgrade" to the lighted version of these covers?

Thanks.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #17
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Just randomly rebooted again and, once it came back up, my book restored to an earlier last read location. The wrong last read location issue doesn't always necessarily follow a reboot but it definitely happens whenever there is a reboot.

Both my and my wife's Kindles are now out of their cases and I just got off the phone with Amazon customer service. They couldn't have been better or more supportive. They've given us both full refunds and a $30 credit to our respective accounts. We're going to use them to order the lighted versions of the leather cover.

Way to go Amazon! This is why I've been dealing with this company for almost fifteen years and why I'll always keep coming back.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #18
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Yes, that's why I bought a Kindle in the first place, even from overseas. Had been their customer for many years.
Good for you that your problem has been solved.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #19
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Did you try a different book? maybe the book is corrupted, is a Amazon sourced book?

I hope I didn't miss this answer in a earlier response
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote