Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Wake up BOOKEEN!!! and Smell the

Pocketbook software:

http://www.pocketbook.com.ua/

If needed, I can translate the pages for you. I think that it is sad that Pocketbook software makes the Cybook look old school. AND the device is bacically the same.

How long will the dormant state last? Will next week hold any promise for Cybookers!!!!

hidari
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Same link just with Google Translate...

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
It's interesting, that in one of the customer reviews "missed button-presses" are mentioned. Maybe its not bookeens fault after all.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
If needed, I can translate the pages for you. I think that it is sad that Pocketbook software makes the Cybook look old school. AND the device is bacically the same.

Yes, please tell me what their software does that the CyBooks doesn't

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, please tell me what their software does that the CyBooks doesn't

BOb
It has a search-option!

It can mark and copy quotes out of the text into another file.

It can copy, move and delete files!
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 05:12 AM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
It can't be the same as bookeen :

[cite]Does your book color pictures or black and white?
At this time, the device gives 16 gradations of gray, which allows to see not yet ...[/cite]

The video chip inside the Gen3 (the Apollo if i'm correct) can't display more than 4 shades of gray. And bookeen booreader is able to read not only unDRMed file, but can read MOBI files and in a near future ePub and DRM'd PDF. I doubt that such a device is able to do this officialy.

And copy/move/delete files does it have a sense on such a device?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It says also that the device supports up to 32GB storage, which implies that it has an SDHC controller, which the CyBook doesn't.

It's clearly based on Netronix hardware, but a more recent model than the CyBook.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Wake up guys, the Cybook is good as a reading device !!!!!

That's all I ever wanted from it ...... sheesh is no one happy ...... ?????
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #9
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Pocketbook 301 plus, which is the newer model is Netronix EB-600. But the previous model - Pocketbook 301, which also runs some version of this firmware meaning it has all mentioned functions as well, was EB-100, the same model as cybook gen3.
This has already been discussed here.

Last edited by Abelturd; 03-20-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 AM   #10
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
...... sheesh is no one happy ...... ?????
I am

Yes I really am, the Cybook is and stays the reading device with the best mobi-support in the business. And that's all that counts for me.
The only thing I really could use in a cybook-firmware update is a search-function in the mobi-reader.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:49 AM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
The video chip inside the Gen3 (the Apollo if i'm correct) can't display more than 4 shades of gray.
Apparently they use some clever tricks with waveform table switching to achieve 16 levels even with Apollo. The 16 levels mode is slower than "normal" one.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #12
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

xxxxxx

Last edited by hidari; 03-20-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #13
hidari
MR Drone

xxxxxx

Last edited by hidari; 03-20-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Wake up guys, the Cybook is good as a reading device !!!!!

That's all I ever wanted from it ...... sheesh is no one happy ...... ?????
Yep. It does what I purchased it for (reading Mobipocket books) quite well. A few tweaks would be nice, but I bought the Gen3 knowing what I was getting, and I am happy with it.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Hey Pilotbob; Just pushin some buttons. I actually don't care that much You make more comments than a politician on many threads.
I think I've been insulted.

Quote:
Fact is PILOT BOB...... WHY DO YOU CARE......you do not have a CYBOOK as far as your Profile shows. SO, Why comment in this thread??????
Why do you care why I care?

I care because I am interested in ebooks, devices, and what is available in general.

You posted that you would translate if needed. I was curious what was different so I asked. I'm not sure why you have a problem with that. I don't have to own a Cybook to discuss and/or understand it's features.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote