Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Reading list issue - help!

I created a reading list of books to add to my husband's Kindle. I went through all the steps to create the reading list, I'm pretty sure of it, but when I assign that particular reading list to a book, nothing shows up in the Reading List column. I can add books to other reading lists I've got, no problem, but this one doesn't seem to show up.

Any ideas for what I've done wrong?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You haven't given us any information to go on. Post a screenshot of your configuration for the list. Either you haven't set the list type correctly, or you didn't set the value you want assigned or on what action it should be assigned...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What is the best way to insert an image? (I've tried adding them as attachments - will that do?)

Is there anything else you need to help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-1-2013 3-38-22 PM.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	98566   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-1-2013 3-38-59 PMa.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	98567  

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 01-01-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard

oh, and the new reading list (Chris) doesn't show up under the Reading List heading in the tag browser. So there's obviously some step I'm forgetting - just not sure what it is or how to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-1-2013 3-54-47 PMb.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	98576  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Is the book actually ending up on the list? (Does it appear when you choose View List).

And when you choose edit metadata for that book, does it show the value in the custom column you have configured? If so, then your list is configured correctly.

It could be that the tag browser is just not being refreshed once you add a book - do you have other lists configured identically that give the behaviour you want? If you close and reopen the tag browser (or indeed calibre) does the entry appear inthe tag browser for it?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I wound up deleting the reading list, and re-creating it from the start... lost which books I wanted on the list, of course, but the re-creation worked, and I now have that reading list. i have no idea what went wrong the first time, but at least it works now.

elves. It must be elves. or pixies. or gnomes. or something. Maybe my computer is possessed.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
elves. It must be elves. or pixies. or gnomes. or something. Maybe my computer is possessed.
Maybe we need Agatha Chicken to get involved!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote