Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
sylvain-fr
sylvain-fr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch N905/B/C difference ?

Hello everyone!

I've just bought a Kobo Touch from WHSmith as they are £40 currently but I wanted to know the differences between the N905, N905B and N905C models?

I've read that the newer models had and internal SD card but what is that for? And are they more powerful or reliable?

Mine is N905 so I guess it's an old model ? I would not like to have a product which has been stored for 2 years...

Thanks for your help!

PS: Sorry if my english is not correct but I have an excuse, I'm french
sylvain-fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
For most users, other than a possibly older battery on the earlier models there shouldn't be a significant difference in processing power or reliability.
The newer models with internal SD card means you could swap it out for a larger sized one with a bit of work. There were a few differences with the firmware between them, but generally most users won't see this (just make sure you pick the correct one if you sideload a firmware version).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Well, I'd add that in the event the firmware gets scrambled in such a way that a normal recovery is not possible having the internal SDHC card does give one the option of copying a new image to it and recovering the device that way. I've had my Touch require my going back to the original firmware stored on it during an OTA firmware update, so having the internal SDHC can be considered an extra level of protection.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
sylvain-fr
sylvain-fr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank you for your answers !

I've now been using it for a few weeks and it is great, no matter which version it is !
sylvain-fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
barney_rebel
Book lover
barney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to beholdbarney_rebel is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch/Aura, Asus Transformer TF300, Samsung Galaxy S3
Bah. I had a N905C, but after the RMA I got a N905.

I noticed the battery gauge isn't as accurate on the N905, and the rubber is a little thicker on the N905. Other than that, I don't notice much of a difference myself.
barney_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
hardware, kobo, release, touch, version