Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #46
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Must redo Library fix monthly

I am able to use the library fix but I MUST redo it every month or when a book expires. This has been happening since I got my Cybook in January.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or was it a one time fix as the post implied?

I have the lastest software version for mobipocket (6.2) and Cybook (1.1.708).

Thanks!!
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #47
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
I am able to use the library fix but I MUST redo it every month or when a book expires. This has been happening since I got my Cybook in January.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or was it a one time fix as the post implied?

Thanks!!
As I don't use the library to 'check out' ebooks, I've never experienced this. However, document this and forward it to Bookeen. If this can be duplicated, Bookeen needs to issue a fix.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #48
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post

Thanks!!
It was a one time fix for me. I haven't performed the procedure again. I don't think I've checked a book out of the library since I upgraded to 708, but I'll see if its a problem and let you know.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #49
nightingale
nightingale began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Gen 3
rtc.dat file

I have made the rtc.dat file and copy and paste it into the system folder. When I check to see if it was accepted---it is still there. I have deleted it several times, made a new file, copy and pasted and still it is not being accepted. I made the file in Notepad. What have I done wrong???

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you sure that it doesn't also have a ".txt" extension? You don't have Windows set so it hides file extensions, do you?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #51
nightingale

No, it had the dat extension. I think I will try putting the time in differently and see what happens.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #52
nightingale

No luck. I obviously am doing something wrong and do not know what. Is it possible for someone to post a dat file that I could copy and/or download to change the time and date on this reader?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why don't you use the one that's attached to the first post of this thread?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:09 AM   #54
nightingale

I just did and it accepted it. Now to see if it will open a book from the New York Library.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #55
nightingale

I am still getting the message that the book is not active. Should I delete the book I downloaded and redown load from the library again? I am totally stuck now. When I put the date file into the reader I did not modify it in any way. What have I done wrong now?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightingale View Post
I am still getting the message that the book is not active. Should I delete the book I downloaded and redown load from the library again? I am totally stuck now. When I put the date file into the reader I did not modify it in any way. What have I done wrong now?
You will need to edit the file to put in the current date/time before you use it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #57
nightingale

I tried to edit but it says it is a read only. Any help will be appreciated. I am new at this. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Is there anyway some one can send me a dat file for this with todays date, which is Sept. 10 with a time of anytime after 11am and I will put that one into the system file and maybe be successful. Again, thanks.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #58
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
Here is the rtc.dat zipped up with today's date and time of 11:25am

Hope this helps. I had to patch mine after I upgraded to ver.1.2
Attached Files
File Type: zip rtc.zip (128 Bytes, 633 views)
pmwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #59
nightingale

Thank you so much. My reader is working now and I can read the library books.
I really appreciate your help.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #60
Opusbruger
Opusbruger began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
Hi
I've got the same problem with the .dat file, only I use the Opus Reader and it doesn't have a System folder (I don't see it in Explorer), so I've tried to spread it out all over the existing folders, but no luck. It still doesn't activate.
On the other hand I didn't delete any books, because I'm not sure what to delete.., does it say that I should delete all the preinstalled books that came with the Bookeen Opus..? (That would be wierd!)
I hope you people can help, because half of the idea of buying the Opus would be lost, if I can't use librarybooks on it
Opusbruger is offline   Reply With Quote