Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 02:45 AM   #166
FrancescoF
FrancescoF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Sent. You were renaming the file from KoboRoot_tweaks.zip to KoboRoot_tweaks.tgz ?
Thanks, PeterT, I got it... https://www2.mobileread.com/i/icons/icon14.gif
Yes, of course, I renamed it, but still unreadable.
Now I can read perfectly your BoboRoot_tweaks, so I'll try once more from start (reset, downgrade 2.5.2, and so on) and I hope all will be OK!
FrancescoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #167
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
It should work fine with 2.6.1.
thanks Kevin!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #168
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
I made the changes mentioned by stefjan in this post and then compiled the tweaks plugin using my newly compiled qmake. It should work on the Touch and Mini since they don't have the new home screen. Just extract the zip file and copy the KoboRoot.tgz file to the .kobo folder on your Kobo.
Thanks!

It's great to have the tweaks back on my Touch.

V
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #169
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Thanks!

It's great to have the tweaks back on my Touch.

V
working perfectly on my Mini, as well :-)
Old 09-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #170
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I followed the advice of KevinShort in #159 and copied the KoboRoot.tgz folder into the .kobo folder of the device, entering the following settings into the kobotweaks.ini file:

[Global]
compatFirmware=2.5.2
[CustomCommands]
1-Neustart=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"busybox reboot\")
2-Schlaf=tweaks.sleep()
3-Ausschalten=tweaks.powerOff()
4-ReadingLife=tweaks.readingLife()
5-WiFi=tweaks.connectWifi()
[Tweaks]
hideShop=true
hideWishlist=true

This had worked properly under former firmwares, but now: no reaction. What am I doning wrong, please?
Device: Kobo Touch,
Fw. 2.5.2
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 05:22 AM   #171
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hm, nobody knows what's going wrong? Too bad!
If this should be the case (which I hope isn't), I would like to try a new installation of the tweaks. But how do I uninstall my first trial? There seem to have been spread various modifications in the KT-datas by the first install, and I wouldn't like to mess all up with a simple new unzip and copy-paste. Could someone, please, give me some instructions?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #172
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Hi, Leonatus, I've been busy the last few days, that's why I haven't responded before now. The new tweaks plugin I compiled is for firmware versions 2.6 and up. For 2.5 you should use the plugin found in the first post. You shouldn't have to worry about uninstalling, as installing a different version of the plugin will just overwrite your existing one.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #173
Leonatus
Wizard

That has been my hope, but I didn't have the courage just to try.
Just a little bit dumb that I have to opt for the original version, as I count on an update for the Kobo Touch to come soon, and then I shall have to repeat this anyway.
Thanks in the mean time!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #174
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo mini
Thank you ah- for sharing Kobo Tweaks. I especially like the possibility to make the Kobo sleep or shut down without using the power button, which seems fragile.
pakoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:41 AM   #175
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
there's hope to see in the future a new version of kobo tweaks for Glo with 2.8.1 or higher firmware? I miss it too much...
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #176
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
there's hope to see in the future a new version of kobo tweaks for Glo with 2.8.1 or higher firmware? I miss it too much...
Hopefully someday we'll get it working. The tweaks plugin just causes the Glo software to crash right now.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #177
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
got a tad confused reading through thread...

which files do I require for a touch with 2.61 F/W??
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #178
KevinShort
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
got a tad confused reading through thread...

which files do I require for a touch with 2.61 F/W??
Use the one from this post.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #179
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Use the one from this post.
thank you for the quick response....

is there away to add kobolauncher to menu?

Last edited by lohtse; 10-22-2013 at 02:44 PM.
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #180
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
thank you for the quick response....

is there away to add kobolauncher to menu?
Adding the line

Code:
Launcher=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh\")
to the kobotweaks.ini file in the .kobo directory should do the trick.