Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #856
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Calleja: Shouldn't matter, but who knows... .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #857
Calleja
Enthusiast
Calleja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Never mind, it seems like the Kindle is being tricky and showing the THUMBNAIL that it automatically generates and the file indeed comes sans cover image.

Anyone know if it's possible to tweak a AZW3 file without losing X-Ray and similar features? Specifically, adding a cover?
Calleja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #858
Calleja
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Calleja: Shouldn't matter, but who knows... .
I just PMd you a new file that should have the correct cover image. It does show up with Go To > Cover, but the screensaver is still the title page. Any ideas?

Again, thanks a lot to everyone, you've been patient and helpful as all hell.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #859
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
@calleja: does the cover show in the library screen when in cover view?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #860
Calleja
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
@calleja: does the cover show in the library screen when in cover view?
Yes, but I've now found out that's because the Kindle creates a thumbnails folder for covers and uses that in the cover view, it's not taken from the AZW3 itself.
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #861
Calleja
Enthusiast

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!

Oh man, that was pretty much all my free time (during work :P) today, but I got it!

So, in case it helps anyone:

You can definitely edit AZW3 files' covers with calibre, just BE AWARE IT UPLOADS THE FILE TO THE KINDLE IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION THAN THE NEEDED DEFAULT. So you have to do some pretty weird file trickery and renaming. If you need more details, let me know, I'd be glad to share my experience.

The problem for the last 2 or 3 hours was actually linkss cover cache... I was incorrectly assuming it pulled it straight from the file so even though I was REPLACING the file with no cover, I still got no cover. Clearing the cover cache folder in linkss took care of that.

Thanks a million to NiLuJe, not only for the creation and constant development of this awesome tools, but for the patience in helping out noobs.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #862
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Calleja: FWIW, the easier way to deal with the naming thing would be to rename the sidecar stuff (.sdr folder & friends) to follow your current Calibre naming scheme, or try to replicate the default Amazon naming scheme w/ Calibre, which is probably gonna be tricky, especially w/ updated metadata.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #863
back2iam
back2iam began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite2
"update your kindle" stays inactive

I can't update relating screen saver hack because "Update Your Kindle" link stays gray.
Please let me know if there's way to sovle this problem.

Device PW2 Wifi
bought in Japan
Serial 905A ....
back2iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:27 AM   #864
NiLuJe
BLAM!

You're not using the snapshots.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #865
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v0.16.N. This is now out of beta for the PW2 .
Old 12-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #866
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Any reason to update to 0.16 for those of us who've been using the snapshot version?
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #867
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Yolina: depending on how old your snapshot is, maybe, but I can't recall anything groundbreaking for the ScreenSavers hack ;p.

Check the detailed ChangeLog if you want to make sure.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #868
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Yolina: depending on how old your snapshot is, maybe
The first one you said was ok to use just after the JB was out Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to update I guess
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #869
Draccy
SciFi E-Book Fanatic
Draccy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle 2
Hello! I had to reinstall the hack recently on my Paperwhite (1st gen), and now I have one issue going on. The kindle seems to only keep four to five images in the screensavers folder. I've put more in, and they all get deleted upon reboot (I have random enabled).

Last edited by Draccy; 12-06-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Removed second part of question
Draccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #870
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Draccy: Look where they get shipped off to. If they're in the discarded folder, they're not in the right format, and if they're in the overflow folder, the hack somehow thinks you already have a full set of 100 images (which might be a bug ;p).

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch