Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
LeoBloom
LeoBloom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Does the jetbook have instantaneous page turns

Like this sony prs700

at 1:23, when he uses the stylus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5wBUfVsnuU&fmt=34

If I hold down the button on the jetbook, does it flip through the pages like that? or is there no hold down function.

Thanks
LeoBloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Actually where he is using the stylus, its really not page turn at all, its scroll down continuous.

Compare page turns to page turns, jetbook's are faster in most cases. However, in some cases with very large books it can make it just a touch slower.

Normally as my eyes scan the last line I'm pushing the page turn button and by the time my eyes get to the top the line is there waiting to be read.

But, don't take my word for it!
There are other threads that have video showing jetbook in action.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
LeoBloom

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in the page flip/scroll ability of the PRS-700. I just didn't know the proper name for it. Do you know of any ereader that has this continuous scroll that doesn't have an awful screen glare issue. Since there is no splash on the jetbook, I thought that perhaps it can do the same if you hold the page turn button down.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I think the Bookeen readers can "flip" through a document. I have a Cybook Gen3 that did so with the latest firmware. You can ask in the Bookeen forum about the Opus, etc.

Basically you hold down the page forward button and it "turns" pages rapidly. Works pretty well and is a spiffy upgrade.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
LeoBloom

Thanks a bunch Maggie, I will check it out
Advert