Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Question Latest Kindle App for Android now ignores book covers

I have recently noticed a problem with the latest version of the Kindle app for Android on my Xoom 4G (v3.4.2.4 - without the boy reading under the tree). Any book I now side-load will not display the associated cover. Prior to the upgrade all my covers appeared when on the bookshelf.

To confirm my suspicion, I re-installed the previous version and, presto, my blank covers are back to normal.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on a solution with the latest version?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
SteveCampsOut
Space Cadet Extrordinaire
SteveCampsOut began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just noticed that Kindle on my Toshiba Thrive with Android 3.2 isn't showing some of the book covers for books I purchased but they show up just fine on my Samsung Infuse Android 2.1 phone.
SteveCampsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Might try going to Application settings and Clear Data. Then sync.

Seems there are similar problems with the Kindle Fire 6.3 update. Clear Data helps there.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
SteveCampsOut
Space Cadet Extrordinaire
SteveCampsOut began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Might try going to Application settings and Clear Data. Then sync.

Seems there are similar problems with the Kindle Fire 6.3 update. Clear Data helps there.
That doesn't appear to be an option under the Android 3.2.1 on the Thrive. I did unregister my device and re-register it which recovered 1 of the 3 missing covers. I guess that's something.....
SteveCampsOut is offline   Reply With Quote