Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
switching page turning buttons

Is there a way to switch the page turning buttons? I would like the top one to go to the next page and the bottom one to go back.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I don't think that this is an option, which would be one good reason why you can't seem to figure out how to do it.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
http://nookdevs.com/Button_mappings
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow, that's really something! I wouldn't want to do it, but it is interesting to see how modifying a Nook would be done via the IP address.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

weird

Seems silly not to have it be a standard option. I know it seems backwards to have them reversed, but I find it much more comfortable.

Amy
Old 03-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I know it seems backwards to have them reversed, but I find it much more comfortable.
Backwards? I think they are backwards now!

When you want to go forward a page, which way do you swipe? In the direction the "Back" buttons point. And vice-versa.

I suppose you could argue that the swiping gesture is backwards....
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
RAH
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
When you want to go forward a page, which way do you swipe? In the direction the "Back" buttons point. And vice-versa.
yes, that's true, but the swiping motion is supposed to mimic the action you take with a physical book when you turn the page. In that sense, it is correct, IMHO.

However, it did take me awhile to get my head around that idea, and I occasionally still get confused when I want to go back a page.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:21 AM   #8
sassanik
Guru

option

It seems like it would not be a difficult option for them to add in, and one that would be popular.

I have to say I prefer the buttons on the side of the device to having to swipe my finger on the screen to change the page.

Amy