Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
Archon
Zealot
Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Mac OSX, iPad, iPod, & Nook
Server Log Location

Does anyone know where Calibre stored the server log?

Can I export the log? Can I save it as a text file?

When I attempt to copy and paste from the server log window my clipboard program tells me it is "unsupported data".

I can copy and past small bits of it but when I 'select all' and copy and then try to past it into TextEdit it locks up TextEdit.

Archon
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use a better text editor? The log files are in the calibre config directory, which you can access via Preferences->miscellaneous
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
Archon
Zealot
Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Mac OSX, iPad, iPod, & Nook
Thanks Kovid. I found the log files the Preferences->miscellaneous.

However, interestingly, when I copy and paste into OpenOffice and Pages from the "Preferences/Sharing Over the Internet/View Server Logs" it works just fine, but when I try to copy/paste into TextEdit then TextEdit freezes.

But when I double click the log.txt file it launches TextEdit without a problem in about a quarter the time it takes to paste into the other programs.

That will be my preferred method now so I can search the server log.

Thanks for the help.
Archon
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
aurigod
Enthusiast
aurigod began at the beginning.

Device: JuliusvonJD
Is it possible to know the location of calibre-server on Debian / Linux?
Thanks
aurigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigod View Post
Is it possible to know the location of calibre-server on Debian / Linux?
Thanks
In the configuration folder

preferences: Miscellaneous: (use the button near bottom)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2015, 02:06 AM   #6
aurigod
Enthusiast

Thanks but I use calibre-server with Linux/debian
Old 11-15-2015, 02:12 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try looking in ~/.config/calibre
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:35 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The fact that you use linux does not mean the Preferences option won't work -- calibre does know how to find its own configuration files.

If you mean you use a headless server and can't run the GUI to access the Preferences, that's different.

As PeterT said, the configuration folder is in ~/.config like any good XDG-compliant application.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:54 AM   #9
aurigod
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Try looking in ~/.config/calibre
thanks I got it

Quote:
pi@raspbibli ~ $ cd ~/.config/calibre
pi@raspbibli ~/.config/calibre $ ls -lsa
total 288
4 drwx------ 4 pi pi 4096 nov. 15 08:50 .
4 drwx------ 3 pi pi 4096 nov. 11 17:17 ..
4 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 2810 nov. 11 17:17 global.py
4 drwx------ 2 pi pi 4096 nov. 11 17:17 metadata_sources
4 drwx------ 2 pi pi 4096 nov. 11 17:17 plugins
196 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 192892 nov. 13 08:02 server_access_log.txt
20 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 20480 nov. 15 08:51 .server_access_log.txt.swp
24 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 18939 nov. 14 16:39 server_error_log.txt
28 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 28115 nov. 11 17:17 tweaks.py