Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
KTREADER
Updating
KTREADER began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Question My Kobo Touch Wi-Fi finally died

After side-loading a few books and ejecting, the unit locked up "processing at 94%" and seemed to fail.
After numerous re-boots and factory resets, it still locks up on smily face and shows no response overnight.
Tried Kobo desktop,plugging usb in and signing out but computer doesn't recognize the unit.

Any ideas appreciated
KTREADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Funny enough, I have excluded my pristine Kobo WiFi refurb from ANY sideloading - I have NEVER connected it to my PC - only WiFi downloads - for this VERY reason! I sideload with my first Kobo WiFi and have had some real touch-and-go moments.

Of note, though, it takes FOREVER to update my library via WiFi - and my library isn't even that large. Can't imagine what it will be like when I have hundreds of books!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
sssss
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTREADER View Post
After side-loading a few books and ejecting, the unit locked up "processing at 94%" and seemed to fail.
After numerous re-boots and factory resets, it still locks up on smily face and shows no response overnight.
Tried Kobo desktop,plugging usb in and signing out but computer doesn't recognize the unit.

Any ideas appreciated
Some people have had success by leaving it plugged in charging for a few hours or overnight, then trying another full factory reset.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
But was it the Touch or the WiFi?
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote