Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Arroll
Arroll began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650
Installing DRM content on Sony Reader without using the Sony Software

I just purchased a book for my Sony PRS-650 from kobo. The file is obviously a DRM file, and I am trying to get this book onto my ereader. I normally use Caliber to manage all my books. It seems like I need to use the sony software to install it through the DRM locking, but the problem is I avoid using Sony's software since it is extremely buggy.

The program wont open due to error messages, I can't uninstall it because of the same error message, and I can't reinstall it because of the same error message. I have downloaded adobe digital editions, with this I can open the eBook i purchased, but I do not see my ereader anyways in the bookshelves and I do not see a way of transferring this book which I have legitimately bought onto my ereader.

Does anyone have an suggestions on how to load up this book I purchased onto my reader without using any of adobe's buggy programs??

Thanks
Arroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Not possible I think without removing the DRM. I have never had any bugs occcuring with Adobe ADE so just curious as to your bitter experiences

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Arroll

I have ADE running, yet it does not see my sony ereader. any suggestions
Old 03-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If you have installed ADE you should be able to authorize with Sony reader software. But Ade should work. Did you reboot?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
You need to have an account with ade and then authorize your reader with them.

once you do that then you can go to kobo and download your book.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
Lirillo
Lirillo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Removed - I mentioned the wrong product

Last edited by Lirillo; 04-01-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: I mentioned the wrong product!
Lirillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Best bet may be to authorise the reader and then download direct via wifi which works fine.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
Arroll

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I finally got my Sony Software working. The problem was that it was looking for the folder installed on the f: drive, only think the f: drive is non-existent. What happened is when I first partitioned my drive, the second partition was automatically named f: I then installed Sony on that drive. Later I renamed the drive letter to d: yet Sony was still looking for a folder in F: i pointed it to the right direction and it worked no problem

Thanks guys
Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Arroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Best bet may be to authorise the reader and then download direct via wifi which works fine.

The PRS-650 does not have Wifi
Old 04-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroll View Post
The PRS-650 does not have Wifi
Good point. For some reason I was thinking T1.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The way to authorize a 650 with ADE...

1. Create an account at Adobe.
2. Install Reader Library (not Reader for PC)
3. Install ADE 1.7.2 and authorize it using your Adobe account information
4. With ADE running, plug in your 650 to the USB port of your computer.
5. ADE should see the computer and ask if you wan to authorize the computer. Select the option to do so.
6. Done.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:54 AM   #12
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Just use Calibre ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
Blackadder
Somewhat bored
Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Just use Calibre ?
You can't 'just use Calibre' to read DRM books if the reader is not authorised with ADE.
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #14
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
You can't 'just use Calibre' to read DRM books if the reader is not authorised with ADE.
Depends if you also use PC/Mac ADE and the plugins...
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
simond
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSFReader View Post
Depends if you also use PC/Mac ADE and the plugins...
Not that anyone on here would do that.