Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
If no auto-convert, then no book?

I just used Calibre 7.7 for the first time since upgrading from 6.x.

When I clicked <send to device> I got the popup that asked "auto convert before sending to device?". I said "No" thinking the book probably didn't need converting.

When I went to my 505 to look for the book it wasn't to be found there.

So I once again clicked <send to device> and said "Yes, auto-convert". The book then appears to be on the 505 in good shape.

What happened to the book the first time when I said "No, don't auto-convert"? Where did it go?

If the auto-convert is necessary, why have the inquiry?

Any details on all of this appreciated!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because you may prefer to convert it manually with custom settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Because you may prefer to convert it manually with custom settings.
Kovid, Thanks!

So, where did the book go the first time when I replied "No, do not first convert"?
Old 07-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Nowhere!

That message would have been because you did not have the book in the correct format for your device. Selecting yes runs the conversion to get a suitable format for your device, while selecting no just left the book unaffected and abandons the transfer.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Nowhere!

That message would have been because you did not have the book in the correct format for your device. Selecting yes runs the conversion to get a suitable format for your device, while selecting no just left the book unaffected and abandons the transfer.
i, Thanks!

Then I suggest that the "No" button be eliminated and be replaced by "No, cancel" to avoid any miscommunication.
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
i, Thanks!

Then I suggest that the "No" button be eliminated and be replaced by "No, cancel" to avoid any miscommunication.
Cancel or Abort = Do Nothing

makes the meaning lots clearer
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote