Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
oui
oui began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle dx
regular expressions use to save to a device with : "author (Surname Name) - title"

I had to format my Mac and now I lost all Calibre's settings.
I need some help to know which regular expressions use to save to a device with : "author (Surname Name) - title"
what I don't want is Calibre to put in the sort field Author, Surname and Name separated by a comma and in the Title sort field, the article at the end with a leading-in comma.
Now, in both cases (disk / device) I put the regular expression {author_sort} - {title} but title goes always at the end and surname in separated from name by a comma.

to make it clear, for the file "Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray", metadata are :

Title is : The picture of Dorian Gray
what I get now is : Picture of Dorian Gray, the
what I would like is : The Picture of Dorian Gray

Author sort field : Oscar Wilde
what I get now is : Wilde, Oscar
what I would like is : Oscar Wilde

thank you !
Anna
oui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by oui View Post
I had to format my Mac and now I lost all Calibre's settings.
I need some help to know which regular expressions use to save to a device with : "author (Surname Name) - title"
what I don't want is Calibre to put in the sort field Author, Surname and Name separated by a comma and in the Title sort field, the article at the end with a leading-in comma.
Now, in both cases (disk / device) I put the regular expression {author_sort} - {title} but title goes always at the end and surname in separated from name by a comma.

to make it clear, for the file "Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray", metadata are :

Title is : The picture of Dorian Gray
what I get now is : Picture of Dorian Gray, the
what I would like is : The Picture of Dorian Gray

Author sort field : Oscar Wilde
what I get now is : Wilde, Oscar
what I would like is : Oscar Wilde

thank you !
Anna
For Author dont use use author sort use {authors} that uses the actual author name what you are using is how calibre sorts them in the library.

For the title change go to tweaks their should be an option to change title and series for temaplates
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	217
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	90912  
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Ptaker
Enthusiast
Ptaker began at the beginning.