Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #556
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
Hello thomass.

I've just updated my K3 via wifi directly, & just like the last version, the music player works just fine, so I'm not sure what you mean?
It is good to know. I haven't used DK for a while hence don't remember exactly.

Music player on DK works w/o any problem then.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #557
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelos View Post
I have K3-3G

should I uninstall kite before installing duokan ?

I've noticed there are two scripts DuoKanInstall.sh and liteinstall.sh - will I choose which one to install during process or should I copy just one of them ?
you are supposed to use one of the update files, not the scripts.
Advert
Old 06-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #558
miguelos
Enthusiast
miguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toys

Device: K3-3G, KT SO
ok
I've just installed duokan without uninstalling kite
If someone would wonder - it worked without a problem
miguelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #559
goofy01
goofy01 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Another little question
with the ufficial fw of kindle i have the dispositional of a dictionary (italian in my case) when i move the cursor near a word of the book that i am reading

can i do the same with Duokan?
goofy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #560
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy01 View Post
Another little question
with the ufficial fw of kindle i have the dispositional of a dictionary (italian in my case) when i move the cursor near a word of the book that i am reading

can i do the same with Duokan?
Yes. you can use dictionaries with stardict format for this purpose.
Advert
Old 06-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #561
goofy01
goofy01 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Yes. you can use dictionaries with stardict format for this purpose.
I saw the link on the first page of this thread but I saw that are dictionaries from a language to another language (for example Italian to english)

I wish no a translation but the meaning of a word in my language (Italian)
goofy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #562
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy01 View Post
I saw the link on the first page of this thread but I saw that are dictionaries from a language to another language (for example Italian to english)

I wish no a translation but the meaning of a word in my language (Italian)
again you should find an italian-italian stardict dict file. or you can create it for yourself from babylon dicts. ( google: how to convert babylon dicts to stardict format.)
Old 06-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #563
tolhuisje
tolhuisje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
anybody try the new r4.5 release yet? Downloading really slow here :S
tolhuisje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #564
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolhuisje View Post
anybody try the new r4.5 release yet? Downloading really slow here :S
Did you try the OTA update?
Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #565
tolhuisje

No downloading with my pc first, don't have anything installed on my kindle (yet ).
Old 06-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #566
tolhuisje

Seems to be working good Can't really compare as I am starting here, but pdf reading is really a lot better than normal version.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #567
sira
sira began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
My kindle is kindle touch v5.1. I just installed duokan (kt)2012-06-08.C11361.rtm and it works well. However, I have some questions to ask you guy.
1. Can I create a collection for my pdf file ?
2. Can I highlight, add notes on textes ( I have tried but it seems impossible)
3. Can I search or use dictionary ?

Thx in advance.
sira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #568
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sira View Post
My kindle is kindle touch v5.1. I just installed duokan (kt)2012-06-08.C11361.rtm and it works well. However, I have some questions to ask you guy.
1. Can I create a collection for my pdf file ?
2. Can I highlight, add notes on textes ( I have tried but it seems impossible)
3. Can I search or use dictionary ?

Thx in advance.
Duokan can display the folder structure, hence you can easily organize your document on a pc. Collections could be created via tags also

Since duokan doesn't support changing language of the Os( for Touch) I didn't try it yet. Hence dont know.

Touch version is in its early stage. Some functions could be missing.

Duokan for kindle 3 had the functions you mention in #2,3.If they have not do it yet, They will add them to the Touch version for sure.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #569
sira
sira began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Duokan can display the folder structure, hence you can easily organize your document on a pc. Collections could be created via tags also

Since duokan doesn't support changing language of the Os( for Touch) I didn't try it yet. Hence dont know.

Touch version is in its early stage. Some functions could be missing.

Duokan for kindle 3 had the functions you mention in #2,3.If they have not do it yet, They will add them to the Touch version for sure.
thx so much Thomass.

Anybody faces the same problems as me. I wanna check if I miss sth or not.
sira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #570
flisak79
flisak79 began at the beginning.

Device: k3
I have a problem with mobi/epub rendering. Fonts are ragged. Moreover Duokan still not support zoom in the pdf mode (Lite version supports). My third problem is a azw format. I have much documets from amazons "send to kindle" aplication. This is azw without encryption. If I channge thhe azw extenson to mobi Duokan can read them.
flisak79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf