Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-04-2015, 10:08 AM   #181
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'd nominated Lucky Jim (50's) and Crow Road (90's) - neither seem to have made the cut?
Both now added

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I noticed The Stranger that Spellbanisher nominated for 1941-1950. Is this the novel by Albert Camus? If so you probably won't need L'Étranger, my nomination for that decade as it's the same book.
Merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
There are two entries for Brave New World (1931-1940)
Thanks! Back to one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I don't see my nomination for 1971 - 1980, Chronicle in Stone by Ismail Karate.
Added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
I don’t see any of my nominations.
Somehow I missed transcribing your post. All now added, except for ones already in the lists, and Waiting for Godot. As with The Crucible, I'm not accepting plays. (Nor film scripts, nor radio plays, nor TV shows.) If you'd like to nominate a different work for that decade, please do so.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #182
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Somehow I seem to have skipped several pages of the thread. Ah - it was (not their fault) Katsunami's link to their choices. I'll work through the missed pages now.
Advert
Old 05-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #183
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
There are 5 of my nominations missing. Not sure why. Here they are:

Where Angels Fear to Tread by E M Forster 1905
Wild Geese by Martha Ostenso 1925
Keys of the Kingdom by AJ Cronin 1941
Tempest Tost by Robertson Davies 1951
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie 1982
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #184
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Mine is missing:

1991 - 2000 Octavia Butler's Parable series first book.
Parable of the Sower (1993)
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:24 AM   #185
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Somehow I missed transcribing your post. All now added, except for ones already in the lists, and Waiting for Godot. As with The Crucible, I'm not accepting plays. (Nor film scripts, nor radio plays, nor TV shows.) If you'd like to nominate a different work for that decade, please do so.
C’mon, admit it, you’re just afraid that Godot beats Gandalf.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #186
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

The master list should now include those I missed first time through the thread.

If there are any nominations missing or in error, please point them out and I'll edit the list some more.

The voters' profile survey over here is now a discussion of the categories we should have in the survey
Old 05-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #187
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Oops two Anne of Green Gables now.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #188
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Thanks. Back to one now. And I'm moving the list to the first post for convenience.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #189
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
I'd nominated Lucky Jim (50's) and Crow Road (90's) - neither seem to have made the cut?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Both now added.
If the master list is now the one in the first post, no they haven't been!

ETA Crow Road is there, but in the 80's. It should be the 90's.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 05-04-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #190
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
If the master list is now the one in the first post, no they haven't been!

ETA Crow Road is there, but in the 80's. It should be the 90's.
I hope they're right now. Sorry.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #191
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

The Makioka Sisters belongs in the 1941-1950 category.

I nominated Grapes of Wrath for 1931-1940.

Also adding thanks for your effort Paul
Old 05-04-2015, 03:55 PM   #192
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
The Makioka Sisters belongs in the 1941-1950 category.

I nominated Grapes of Wrath for 1931-1940.

Also adding thanks for your effort Paul
Thanks - I hope I've fixed those correctly.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #193
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Paul, thanks very much for your efforts! I'll look forward to this!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #194
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sorry for my spelling: 'Cryptnomicon' should be 'Cryptonomicon' [1991-2000]
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:49 AM   #195
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Sorry for my spelling: 'Cryptnomicon' should be 'Cryptonomicon' [1991-2000]
Fixed!