Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
country0129
Country0129
country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, PC
Calibre Catalog Plugin No Longer Works

I'd successfully generated a catalog once before. Since, I have added several volumns, and I wanted to generate a new one. I keep getting an error message, saying the process had ended. I restarted in Debug mode, and following is the text of the file generated:

calibre Debug log
calibre 0.9.16 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
Started up in 101.76 seconds with 11486 books
Worker Launch took: 0.230000019073
Job: 1 Generate catalog finished
Generate catalog
Sections: Authors, Titles
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI('Calibre Library'): Generating mobi for kindle in GUI environment, locale: 'English'
connected_device: 'None'
book count: 11486
opts:
author_clip: 60
catalog_title: u'My Books'
connected_kindle: False
creator: u'Saturday, January 26, 2013'
cross_reference_authors: True
description_clip: 100
exclude_genre: u'\\[.+\\]|^\\+$'
exclusion_rules: ()
fmt: u'mobi'
genre_source_field: u'Tags'
header_note_source_field: ''
merge_comments_rule: u'#kindle:after:True'
output_profile: 'kindle'
prefix_rules: ()
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sort_descriptions_by_author: True
sync: False
thumb_width: u'1.00'
use_existing_cover: False
Custom fields:
#formats 'Formats' composite
#kindle 'Kindle' text
Python function terminated unexpectedly
coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, dict found (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 186, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 68, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi.py", line 349, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 160, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 1047, in fetch_books_to_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 906, in _populate_title
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 453, in convert_html_entities
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, dict found

Can someone tell me what to do to fix it?

Thanks
country0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved thread to the Catalog sub-forum. This feature was created pre-plugin and is part of calibre.

Until someone with more knowledge comes around you might want to start by reading the sticky post on the subject at the top of this forum titled Creating Catalogs: Start here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
country0129
Country0129
country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Doc

Nothing pertinent in the catalog files: thread closed. Created a ticket.

Appreciate it.

Dean
Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've responded to your ticket.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
country0129
Country0129

Launchpad Won't Take Upload

Sir,

I've tried on multiple occasions, different times of day, and Launchpad times out before the file can be uploaded. metadata.db of my library is 50,968 KB. Is there anything else I can do with this but launchpad?

Dean
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try to create a smaller subset of your library that exhibits the problem.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, catalog, failure