Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Prettying up alphabetized collections

First of all....

thanks to people such as luvmy4brats for telling us the workaround for being able to see our collections in an alphabetical order

For those who don't know....

if you put a symbol prefix at the beginning of each collection name, and then choose "sort by title", then all the collections will be at the front of the item list.

The suggestions I have read are using a * or a # etcetera

Anyway, after playing around with my titles, I thought I would a few suggestions...

. Matthew Reilly .

_ Matthew Reilly _

: Matthew Reilly :

You will notice that I put a space between the letters and the prefix, as well as adding a symbol as a suffix as well... the reason I did this is so that:

1) The number of items in the collection (shown in brackets i.e. (4) etc), is spaced further away from the letters in the collection title, and

2) So that when the collection is open, the title looks neater and more centred at the top of the screen.

Has anyone come up with any other ideas yet?.... I hope that there's a hero out there working out a hack to deal with the non-alphabetized collections view... one would think that Amazon would've been told by the 2.5 beta testers that it was an annoying issue... they need better testers I think... not just the lucky random few that get the update when its on limited release.
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections sort by title