Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
Roseburst
Roseburst began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up .99 cent Luthiel's Song on Kindle

Just downloaded this yesterday and am really enjoying. Already on page 140. Great fem-fantasy. Haven't noticed any format errors and there are nice pieces of artwork within and at the end. Publisher obviously did DTP homework.

From amazon:
Quote:
First Summer's Eve has come and all elves celebrate as the black moon's shadow fades from the world. It is also Luthiel's fifteenth birthday. With it come two extraordinary and dangerous surprises: a Wyrd Stone, its silvery heart a window into a world of dreams and nightmares, and a Blade Dancer, dreaded protector of the Faelands, who bears a dark message. Instead of celebration, Luthiel is given a terrible choice: if she does nothing, someone she loves deeply will die. Or to save a life, she can break the most perilous law of the Faelands, and venture alone to the Vale of Mists. If she chooses the journey, she must race Othalas -- eldest and most feared of all the werewolves -- past great black spiders who weave webs out of nightmares, through glittering mists with the power to reshape flesh, and at last into death by the teeth of dark and ancient Vyrl, who feed on the blood of elves. Either choice will bring death -- unless Luthiel can find the secret in her remarkable Stone, a secret that even the nightmares fear.
Kindle version

Hard Copy with reviews and such
Roseburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Anna, thanks so much for posting this. You might also want to make mention of it in the Kindle freebies and low-cost books thread at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42973

I'm going to hop over to Amazon and get that book since I am enjoying reading fantasy these days.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I read this book several years ago, when I had my fantasy review site (the author sent me a copy). It's a good book, and I believe there's a sequel. For 99 cents, I definitely recommend it.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Roseburst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Anna, thanks so much for posting this. You might also want to make mention of it in the Kindle freebies and low-cost books thread at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42973

I'm going to hop over to Amazon and get that book since I am enjoying reading fantasy these days.
Thanks for the advice Elsi. I'll go over there now and let them know
Old 07-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
Roseburst

Just dropping in to say I finished the first one about a day after I posted this and really enjoyed it. I also just nabbed the second book on Kindle for $2.99 here. I think it released a few days back.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Just purchased it for my Kindle2.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elves, fantasy, fem fantasy, magic, vyrl