Notices

Old 10-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #76
mreclass
Enthusiast
mreclass began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieboy View Post
You can remove books from the "I'm Reading" section with Calibre. It would be nice to have this ability on the Kobo itself though.
Yes I discovered this later after having updated Calibre to the newest version. That will have to work for now. Unfortunately, I did something incorrectly because not only were all my books removed from the I'm Reading list but all books in my library were labeled as Unread. It's not that big of a deal but I would have liked them to stay Read.
mreclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #77
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreclass View Post
Yes I discovered this later after having updated Calibre to the newest version. That will have to work for now. Unfortunately, I did something incorrectly because not only were all my books removed from the I'm Reading list but all books in my library were labeled as Unread. It's not that big of a deal but I would have liked them to stay Read.
Which version of Calibre? Unless you changed to automatic management it should not change your read status. In automatic mode you need you calibre library tagged with Im_Reading or Read to manage your books on the device.

In manual mode simply double click the collections field in the device view.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #78
Greenmantle
Greenmantle began at the beginning.

Just to bump this thread back to the top. Any updates on the new firmware status Kobo guys?
Greenmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #79
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
From JCKobo (Wednesday):
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
We will be pushing out an upgrade to everyone for 1.7 in the next week - our current target is Monday.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #80
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I think that may only be the desktop application update--not so sure about the software/firmware update for the original reader.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #81
Wet Coast
Wet Coast began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Original & Wifi
"Just to bump this thread back to the top. Any updates on the new firmware status Kobo guys?"

Are you joking? Kobo is no longer selling the BT reader, it is obsolete. I received confirmation from their customer service they will not develop the BT sync feature any further. I highly doubt there will be any updates of any type for the obsolete BT model. Cancelling sales of a product after only a few months tells me the people at Kobo are writing the BT model off as a failure.
Wet Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #82
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am quite sure you received incorrect information about updates. Please read the various postings from JCKobo regarding this issue. The folks you reach on the phone are contracted workers who only know what is on the scripts provided to them (and for which they have received training) regarding fairly basic technical support.

For example, on October 18 (played with the new wifi kobo thread:

Quote:
We are working to update the original reader to support the same format as the Wireless Reader, however since the original Kobo reader has less RAM and a weaker CPU, we need to do more optimization and testing to get it working there.
and on the 19th:

Quote:
We want to deliver the full native ePub experience on the original device, but we also need to make sure a) it performs well (the new Kobo Wireless Reader's CPU is about twice as fast) and b) it has enough RAM (the new Kobo Wireless Reader has twice as much RAM as the original).

Once we're satisfied with the performance, we will push it to everyone as soon as we can. I'm not 100% sure this will be in our next firmware release or the one afterwards, but it's a priority for us.

Last edited by taming; 10-21-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: So much misinformation, so little time...
Old 10-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #83
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I think that may only be the desktop application update--not so sure about the software/firmware update for the original reader.
Aw, I was looking forward to new features. But - it makes sense that desktop 1.7 would not work with Kobo 1.4, with schema change and all, so ... maybe it includes firmware as well.

Last edited by dmacmart; 10-22-2010 at 07:16 AM.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #84
taming
Trying for calm & polite

wrong place--see my earlier post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #85
sark666
Connoisseur
sark666 began at the beginning.

Device: colognesbook
I'm sure this is posted somewhere but can't find it right now. I highly doubt the firmware update will offer any enhancements that the wifi version has.

Does the new kobo have adjustable margins? pdf reflow?

Just curious what it has to maybe take a guess at what we can expect from the new firmware.
sark666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:21 AM   #86
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark666 View Post
Does the new kobo have adjustable margins? pdf reflow?
No, but on books you got from Kobo you change between ragged-right and full justification.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #87
mreclass
Enthusiast
mreclass began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Which version of Calibre? Unless you changed to automatic management it should not change your read status. In automatic mode you need you calibre library tagged with Im_Reading or Read to manage your books on the device.

In manual mode simply double click the collections field in the device view.
Ah O.K. thanks a lot for explaining that.
mreclass is offline   Reply With Quote