Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Nuremberg, Germany, Feb 27

The next meetup of the German-speaking community is on

Saturday, Feb 27th.

Here's the location: http://www.barfuesser-nuernberg.de.
We're going to meet at 4 pm and will have dinner at around 7 pm.

We expect a lot of visitors from abroad, so please buy your plane / bus / train ticket NOW!

Everybody who's going to join us, please sign up in this thread. @all others: I hope you have real good excuses. And I mean REAL good excuses, I can hardly think of anything that would qualify as such ...

Our attendants (so far):
* netseeker
* Forkosigan
* Eagleeye
* gulu-gulu
* Ulli
* kaas
* lili55
* Marc_liest
* MTravellerH
* fellballl
* ravenne
(* K-Thom)

Again, it would be just great to have attendants from other countries too. Just think of all the nice people you could meet, all the interesting conversations, different ereading devices, a beautiful city - and, of course, German beer
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
aw ! i wish i could go. and i don't even like beer ! have a great time ! i will count on you to tell us all about it, and of course you know we want photos !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
aw ! i wish i could go. and i don't even like beer ! have a great time ! i will count on you to tell us all about it, and of course you know we want photos !
Will do, promise. Maybe we see next time, or next time in Paris.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Will do, promise. Maybe we see next time, or next time in Paris.
you know you would make me SO HAPPY if you come to paris ! and i know i'm not the only one...
Old 01-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
whiiiIIIIIne!!!!!!!!! (and I think I've actually even been there!)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
you know you would make me SO HAPPY if you come to paris ! and i know i'm not the only one...
I'm sure I'll be able to attend one of your Apéros this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
whiiiIIIIIne!!!!!!!!! (and I think I've actually even been there!)
Don't whine, book that flight!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
no way jose. not this time. still recovering from surgery
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
no way jose. not this time. still recovering from surgery
Would it help if we promise to caress your knee?

We would also kidnap a doctor for you. He would be your personal doctor during the whole Meet-Up. As you can see in the attachment, we have the best doctors here in germany...

PS: Btw., wish you a speedy recovering.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arzt.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	44569  
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Damn, I wish I could go! And, as long as there is plenty of German beer, my German would be pretty understandable
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I'm sure I'll be able to attend one of your Apéros this year.

...you know we are all taking that as a promise. next one : 20th of february ! and, with special guest star nekokami !!!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Sorry, won't be there...

Somehow the weather is always horrible when we're there... And I wish you some nice weather!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #12
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:

...you know we are all taking that as a promise. next one : 20th of february ! and, with special guest star nekokami !!!
I saw it, but that's too early I can't be away two weekends in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Sorry, won't be there...

Somehow the weather is always horrible when we're there... And I wish you some nice weather!
Too bad. I was hoping you were around somewhere in Germany anyway and could join us spontaneously.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

Oh, and why didn't I know that?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #14
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Damn, I wish I could go!
Too bad that you can't participate. Anyway, we will drink a toast to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
And, as long as there is plenty of German beer, my German would be pretty understandable
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #15
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Oh, and why didn't I know that?
Ha! Wait.... does that mean you'd travel to Paris, but not to Germany? That's unacceptable, of course

Tags
germany, meetup, nuremberg