Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Question A great favor

I have been wondering and just now getting the courage to ask a great favor of anyone who's willing.

The Request... uh... wait for it... um... wait for it... (takes a deep breath) okay, here goes...

Postcards anyone? My daughter has been collecting stamps, purely on an amateur basis. Everytime we get the mail, she looks for stamps she doesn't have. (Of course most of our mail contains bills, junk or bulk mail without any actual postage stamps.) I thought it would be neat for her to get some stamps from around the world. And, the only group I know that is worldwide is the great people here at MR.

Then I thought it would be especially nice and educational (that's the homeschool mom in me) to receive them on a postcard that depicts your country or the area where you live (US residents are most welcome too!)

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this for me, for my daughter. Is this asking too much? Breaking any MR policies? I promise karma and grateful recognition for anyone who participates (if I know who it came from)! If anyone is interested, they could PM me for my mailing address, unless my address is available on my profile page somewhere?

BTW, her 11th birthday is exactly 1 month from today (6/18/09) on July 18th.

Anyway don't feel obligated (I won't give you negative karma, wait, we can't do that anyway ) She doesn't know anything about this, but I would be so appreciative and I know my daughter would be thrilled. Well, there you have it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my request and possibly even consider it!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 06-20-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: highlighting for HarryT, I know it's a lot to read!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I collect postcards, not stamps, but I'd love to send some to your daughter. Problem is that I'm in the USA and she's probably got lots of stamps from here.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I collect postcards, not stamps, but I'd love to send some to your daughter. Problem is that I'm in the USA and she's probably got lots of stamps from here.
I realize that she could get duplicates, but the postcards would be one-of-a-kind and the postmark would make it unique! We would be happy to reciprocate, sending you a postcard in return! I was already intending to send a "thank you" postcard.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I think your daughter is about to receive a lot of postcards from around the world.

Great idea, mom!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Can't pm you......you seem to be blocked....but you can pm me if you like.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I think your daughter is about to receive a lot of postcards from around the world.

Great idea, mom!
She will think it's so cool! I'm excited for her if it works out that way! She might not mind so much anymore if I'm on the computer, on MR, to be specific! She does like to look over my shoulder and always makes comments about the avatars and such! "What a cute dog! or I like that kitty! or What is that?!" Oh and she loved all of the psocks! Got a big kick out of that, even though she didn't "get it".

Last edited by rebarnmom; 06-18-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Can't pm you......you seem to be blocked....but you can pm me if you like.
I think I fixed the problem, a box I needed to check! I hope it works now!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
I have two boys, 5 and 3, who love mailing post cards. Why don't you send me your address in a message and I'll get the boys to send some post cards from Alberta Canada. We have some pretty plain stamps here but we also have some really neat ones as well.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #9
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I have been wondering and just now getting the courage to ask a great favor of anyone who's willing.

The Request... uh... wait for it... um... wait for it... (takes a deep breath) okay, here goes...

Postcards anyone? My daughter has been collecting stamps, purely on an amateur basis. Everytime we get the mail, she looks for stamps she doesn't have. (Of course most of our mail contains bills, junk or bulk mail without any actual postage stamps.) I thought it would be neat for her to get some stamps from around the world. And, the only group I know that is worldwide is the great people here at MR.

Then I thought it would be especially nice and educational (that's the homeschool mom in me) to receive them on a postcard that depicts your country or the area where you live (US residents are most welcome too!)

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this for me, for my daughter. Is this asking too much? Breaking any MR policies? I promise karma and grateful recognition for anyone who participates (if I know who it came from)! If anyone is interested, they could PM me for my mailing address, unless my address is available on my profile page somewhere?

Anyway don't feel obligated (I won't give you negative karma, wait, we can't do that anyway ) She doesn't know anything about this, but I would be so appreciative and I know my daughter would be thrilled. Well, there you have it.

PM me with name and address, and I send a postcard from Australia.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
I'll be happy to oblige
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
PM me with an address and I'll happily send her one. If you're very unlucky she'll get one featuring our local waterwheel and a brief history of the area
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #12
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
This thread needs to be on first page!

I really think it's going to be a nice birthday gift! Start writing people!

Bump!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #13
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
My son would love to send one of sunny Scotland! Would your daughter send us one of sunny Illinois (we love to get real mail too )
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #14
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post

I'll be happy to send her one from boring old Virginia and if I get into DC anytime soon, I can send her one from there. Send me a PM with your address (we Illinoisians need to stick together).

By the way, 18th is my son Zack's 21st birthday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
My son would love to send one of sunny Scotland! Would your daughter send us one of sunny Illinois (we love to get real mail too )
Curly, PM me your address and I'll send your son a post card from Washington, DC, too! Anything to further the cause of education!!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #15
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
So, I'm thinking that you may not want one with the giant 6-pack?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote