Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
BestSkinsEver ???

Anybody had any experience with these folks?

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...-2-Skin/Detail

They seem pretty good in terms of scratch protection. Are they for real? Are they too shiny/reflective?
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
I have used BestSkinEver iphone skins and have to say that they are pretty good. Not easy to apply but if you take your time you'll be ok. It protected my iphone from scratches. Screen part i didn't like. There was no loss of display quality but it became very annoying to actually use touch screen. it felt a bit sticky to my taste. But the back cover is pretty good.
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Just ordered one after reading a couple of good reports. I need something that repels water really, after the death of my ipod touch to water, I'm water paranoid.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Just ordered one after reading a couple of good reports. I need something that repels water really, after the death of my ipod touch to water, I'm water paranoid.
I'm not sure how water paranoid your are? Did you read on their web site that application requires you to wet down the skin? It sounds like its not a big deal though.

Anyway, I may sit this one out until you give us a report (hopefully). Please let us know how it fits/works and give us an idea whether it makes the screen too glossy.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2009, 02:35 AM   #5
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Yep you are correct. I had to apply solution in order to get it properly installed on my iphone. Tip that i have is actually not to spray the solution on the skin, but make your own solution in a bowl (its very mild solution of soap and water). I think i used 1 part of soap to 10 parts of water, but Google will provide a better answer. Put the solution in a bowl and sub merge the skin complete in it. Wet your fingers as well and then apply it to the kindle. this way you don't get fingerprints and it limits bubbles. it also makes it easier to slide around. Make sure your kindle is powered off and you have to let it dry for 24 hours after applying it. I did this on my iphone and had 0 issues with water damage. the water sensors on it never got triggered.

Hope this helps

Alex
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
emellaich
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalex View Post
Hope this helps

Alex
thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I know of a few people on the forum that bought from them. They seem like a good vendor.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
Aaron
Aaron began at the beginning.

Device: Omnia
kalex is spot on about the solution, I read about it before applying my gadgetshieldz protection on my Omnia as well. I preferred that to BSE since I was getting free shipping from gadgetshieldz and the overall price was better too. The good think though is that all these companies actually are using similar material here so if you're smart you can ignore the big names and opt for the most cost effective option without losing out on the quality of the shield.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
jesseplee
jesseplee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle 1
I love Best Skins Ever - I have them on my i-phone and ipod. I wish they made skins for the 1st gen Kindle...
jesseplee is offline   Reply With Quote