Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
Which ebook formats do you prefer?

Which ebook formats—if available, of course—do you prefer to read on your jetBook?

In my experience, epubs and fb2s are the best, in terms of conserving an ebook's original design and formats. New chapters can start with a new page, empty lines intentionally separating paragraphs are not omitted (as in many rtfs, txts), and all images are present.

Some htmls have these characteristics, but unfortunately not all. Also Mobis and prcs files are OK sometimes, though not always.

Producing a fb2 file with BookDesigner is really easy. And the word processor Atlantis (http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/) can print epubs perfectly. Additionally, epubs have the smallest size, even comparing to txts. Amazing how they do it!

A pity that none of these formats work with hyperlinks!

Last edited by sein; 08-26-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Change
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
hernad
hernad began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jet Book
Hi, I am from Spain, I have a Jet Book and a Hanlin V3 and my English is very, very bad.
I preferred epub format and PDF. For to do the conversion for EPUB format, I have the Atlantis, is very good for that.

Really sorry for my English
hernad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Right now I am reading mostly mobi files as that's what I had as my primary choice. I am learning more about epub and plan on getting more of them going forward, due inpart to the feedback I've read about here on MobileRead.

And to hernad: Welcome to MobileRead. Always glad to see new members, especially those with a jetBook!
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
definitely ePub and fb2 are at the top of my list. now with the support for pictures and text, it looks ten times cooler than before on the jetBook.

i also read Russian books, and the majority of those are in RTF format which also works great and supports pictures + text.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
I have to admit, I have been bad about updating my firmware, and I never got book designer, so most of the books I read are either PDFs (I figured out how to convert HTMLs into custom sized PDFs, most of the rest I get on feedbooks) or txt files from PG (Which I format the way I like with a little perl script I wrote).

I am planning on updating the firmware in the next few weeks. Once I do, I will try some books in epub, probably produced by Calibre.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I like books in ePub format
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote