Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #46
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I contacted Amazon and they are sending me a replacement. Will be here Nov 26
My condolances.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #47
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
My condolances.
That's awful. Tbh I'd return for a full refund and just re order.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #48
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Why not try your local best buy?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #49
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Did you get the 3G cellular model? If so they might be in short supply. If you got the WiFi only model I would call them back, ask for a manager, and raise heck with them. There is no reason you should have to wait over a month for a replacement unless they are in really short supply. Actually I would call them back regardless of which model you got.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-21-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #50
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Did you get the 3G cellular model? If so they might be in short supply. If you got the WiFi only model I would call them back, ask for a manager, and raise heck with them. There is no reason you should have to wait over a month for a replacement unless they are in really short supply. Actually I would call them back regardless of which model you got.
wifi only model. I did call them back and they said they just have no stock available.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #51
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then I would definately get a refund and start the whole process again. That way you won't be worried about the 30 day refund policy.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #52
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I received my voyage. I'm not all that thrilled with it really. My screen is also somewhat two toned, more yellow on the top, brighter and more white on the bottom. Most definitely not getting on the exchange merry go round this time, especially since I'm not overly thrilled with the device in general, especially for the price. The best thing is the fonts are definitely sharper.

However, the screen on my PW2 is much more even than on the voyage I received. I also feel the fonts on my PW2 are pretty much just as dark as on the voyage. Overall I really like the screen better on my PW2 and the difference of the slightly sharper font on the voyage is not enough for me to keep it.

The page turn buttons I'm not impressed with. They're ok, but to me since the screen is completely flush, you barely have to move your hand over much more to simply hit the screen instead of the page press. If you want to always have your hand on the bezel it would benefit you, but for me actually using them, I didn't find it all that great.

Bottom line for me is for the price it's not worth it. I'm going to give the Kobo H20 a try as I love the idea of being able to customize the fonts, line spacing, and what not. If the H20 screen is comparable to my PW2, I'll keep the H20.

Very happy for everyone who loves their voyage, it's just not worth it for me personally.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #53
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Sorry to hear that Sparklemotion.

Best to be happy with what you have. You had a heck of a time last year getting a good PW2 if I remember correctly.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #54
Drew0020
Connoisseur
Drew0020 doesn't litterDrew0020 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I think I might have gotten a bad one. The top half is much yellower than the bottom half. The light looks worse than my pw2. This has to be a bad unit or something. The Belkin folio case I ordered does not do auto wake/sleep, so that's disappointing.
Mine looks the same. Awful.
Drew0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #55
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
Sorry to hear that Sparklemotion.

Best to be happy with what you have. You had a heck of a time last year getting a good PW2 if I remember correctly.
I had a very (very!) hard time getting a good PW1, but also went through a few PW2's as well before finally getting a good one without defects. The good thing is, I'm still really happy with my PW2, so even if I don't like the Kobo H20 I'll be totally fine using the PW2 for another year or more should that be the case. Enjoy yours!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #56
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
I think I might have gotten a bad one. The top half is much yellower than the bottom half. The light looks worse than my pw2. This has to be a bad unit or something. The Belkin folio case I ordered does not do auto wake/sleep, so that's disappointing.
Mine is exactly the same. Noticeably more yellow at the top. Pitiful really for a device of this price. My PW2 looks much better in comparison. Hope your next one is perfect.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #57
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I received my voyage. I'm not all that thrilled with it really. My screen is also somewhat two toned, more yellow on the top, brighter and more white on the bottom. Most definitely not getting on the exchange merry go round this time, especially since I'm not overly thrilled with the device in general, especially for the price. The best thing is the fonts are definitely sharper.

However, the screen on my PW2 is much more even than on the voyage I received. I also feel the fonts on my PW2 are pretty much just as dark as on the voyage. Overall I really like the screen better on my PW2 and the difference of the slightly sharper font on the voyage is not enough for me to keep it.

The page turn buttons I'm not impressed with. They're ok, but to me since the screen is completely flush, you barely have to move your hand over much more to simply hit the screen instead of the page press. If you want to always have your hand on the bezel it would benefit you, but for me actually using them, I didn't find it all that great.

Bottom line for me is for the price it's not worth it. I'm going to give the Kobo H20 a try as I love the idea of being able to customize the fonts, line spacing, and what not. If the H20 screen is comparable to my PW2, I'll keep the H20.

Very happy for everyone who loves their voyage, it's just not worth it for me personally.
Uh-Oh! Thanks for the info, sorry for the disappointment!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #58
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

This doesn't sound good, more bad ones than good one right now

I gave up with the PW2 when it first came out, I had two and sent them both back, ended up getting one in May this year. Sounds like bad lots always come at launch dates. If mine isn't any good it will go back and I'll order a PW2 wifi.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #59
geekaren
geek
geekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one hand

Device: Oasis (1&2), Voyage, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
wifi only model. I did call them back and they said they just have no stock available.
Ah, I'd ordered the 3g model (I'm guessing it's not as popular due to the price bump).

If you decide to return to Amazon (rather than exchange), it looks like those Best Buy stores with the Voyage in stock have the wifi model.
geekaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #60
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I had a very (very!) hard time getting a good PW1, but also went through a few PW2's as well before finally getting a good one without defects. The good thing is, I'm still really happy with my PW2, so even if I don't like the Kobo H20 I'll be totally fine using the PW2 for another year or more should that be the case. Enjoy yours!
Sorry to hear. I had similar issues - hope I don't with my Voyage. It will go back. Where online or in-store can you buy the Kobo H20 in the US?

Anyone?
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote